• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best 15 disc bag

I'm in the market for new bag, and I'm bumping up the size a notch. Right now I'm looking at the Gorilla boy silverback and the disc players bag. Durability is my main concern, and the revolution bags are a little to pricey to be practical. Got any suggestions?

New Bag

I just got my second Innova Deluxe bag yesterday. I really like this bag, and it will hold up to 18 discs, and its not that expensive. I actually got mine in a trade for 3 discs at discgolfreview.com in the buy/sell section. I think new they run around $40. They also set up if you like to run quad-straps.

I really like my Revo bag but I've heard nothing but good things about Gorilla Boy bags. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the two.

I love my Innova competition bag works well plenty of room. I also did a cool mod on it. I got some sony travel speakers and took the casing apart. I then cut a hole the size of the casing into one of the pockets. Re-inserted the casing on either side of the pocket and put the speakers back together. Now I have a set of speakers built into the bag which works great. Only problem is the rain. I will take a pic and load it to this post later.

I was just looking at the revolution bags and I guess they aren't that much more then the G boy. I've had problems with the innova bags ripping in select locations like along the zipper, I guess I'm pretty hard on my gear. The thing is I like the comp bag, and I've thinking of ways to mount speakers, so thats kind of intriguing. good look.

Personally, I like pocket space. I started with an Innova Competition bag and have since upgraded to the Innova Discarrier. It holds about the same number of discs maybe one or two more but has way more pocket space. I couldn't believe how much more pocket space when I transfered my stuff from the old bag to the new one! So far I've been impressed with the build quality of the Innova bags. My only complaint on the Discarrier is the plastic loop connectors for the umbrella straps or rolled-up-top only work for one of those things at a time, not both.

I came across the Gorilla Boy site after I bought my Innova bags. But the GB bags do look interesting, I'd just like to see one in person before dropping $100 on one.

ERic

Yea thats my problem with the gboy bags, I wanna see one up close. The gateway bag, I'm glad you brought that up.... I forgot about those. Yup confusion. So we've rounded it down(or up) to 4 bags. I think further research is in order....BRB

If you buy a Revolution bag, you probably wont need to buy another bag for a long time. I have had mine for two years and I'm rough with my stuff, and all it has is a scaped up spot on the bottom that isn't even near coming through. That spot is the corner that slides on the ground a little bit when I pick the bag up. Everything else looks the same as when it was brand new, just dirtier...

Here are some pics of my Innova Delux bag:

InnovaBag1.jpg

Discgolfbag2.jpg

As of now, there is not that much I carry in the bag other than discs, Sharpies, sun glasses, water, and paper. Traveling all the time means I don't have a home to leave excess discs, so they go with me.

If you are on a budget (and I do mean THIN BUDGET), you can get a larger bag with several storage pockets for $13 at Academy Sports. It is a off-brand bag - "Golf Mate", but it works good. I couldn't find a link from their web-site so I'm including a picture of mine.

Just another option to save $$.

Attachments

• DG Bag B.jpg
    DG Bag B.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DG Bag F.jpg
    DG Bag F.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 27
I am also looking for a similar sized bag. I wanted the quality and features of a large bag with the size and weight of a small bag. Revolution Sent me these pics of their new Revolution Mini "deluxe" that will go on sale in the new few weeks. Right now there is only one made. It will retail for 65.00. I am going it get one as soon as they are available. I just hope that my Mini Lighting bag will be more than a hand full of string by then.

2610503285_20545b897d_o.jpg

2610503327_1fb9645e2a_o.jpg

2610503371_c5e40c18bd_o.jpg

I love my Innova competition bag works well plenty of room. I also did a cool mod on it. I got some Sony travel speakers and took the casing apart. I then cut a hole the size of the casing into one of the pockets. Re-inserted the casing on either side of the pocket and put the speakers back together. Now I have a set of speakers built into the bag which works great. Only problem is the rain. I will take a pic and load it to this post later.

You really peaked my interests with this. I have been thinking about getting a Champ bag, and I would love to add sound to my bag. Please post some pics of your bag with details.

As of now, there is not that much I carry in the bag other than discs, Sharpies, sun glasses, water, and paper. Traveling all the time means I don't have a home to leave excess discs, so they go with me.

If you are on a budget (and I do mean THIN BUDGET), you can get a larger bag with several storage pockets for $13 at Academy Sports. It is a off-brand bag - "Golf Mate", but it works good. I couldn't find a link from their web-site so I'm including a picture of mine.

Just another option to save $$.

I have to say, I have one of those bags and I have two problems with that bag:

1. The should strap is uncomfortable, and has a tendency to get really tangled and mangled. You also can not change it out because it is stiched to the bag.

2. On my bag as well as others I have seen who have this bag, all have had a problem with the putter pocket ripping.

This bag is OK if you are a beginner, or if your bag gets stolen and you need something cheap in a hurry, but other than that, I would pass on this bag.

Gateway Weekend Deluxe.
Best priced bag.
I couldn't be happier with mine. It suits me just right.

For more ideas see the "Bag Buyers Guide" in the Files section of DG Resources.

Attachments

• Bag- Gateway-Weekend Deluxe.jpeg
    Bag- Gateway-Weekend Deluxe.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Otto Bufunto was here

Latest posts