• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best 9 Hole Course in the US

As much as I liked Alligator Lake I liked Nature Park in Mount Dora FL better!

Agreed, Mount Dora Nature Park is very good. Dual tees and baskets on all holes, often with a different fairway, and some elevation change also! :hfive:

I've probably mentioned this before, but a shout out to Highland Park in Roanoke!

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=6841&mode=rev
My review is the 4th one down. :thmbup:

Adding to the Pittsburgh niners...

The Dips at Denny. Once the newness gets knocked off, it'll be better than Linbrook IMO. Didn't get to 2 mile yet.

I noticed Gary Dropcho listed as one of the designers.

Fellow course baggers, do yourself a favor:
Search courses and type "Dropcho" in the designer field.

Most of his 3.0 - 3.5 rated courses are 9'ers. Damn near every 18 hole course he's listed on is 4.0+

I've made it to quite a few courses he's had a hand in. Never met the guy, but I like what he's doing. :hfive:

Two Mile Run Extension: my vote for best 9'er. Plays like a good nine hole loop of a 4.5 rated course. Factor in dual tees + full-time dual pins...if I lived in the area, I'd rack up a lot of rounds here.

Linbrook: The region's hilly terrain and beautiful woods makes The Burgh a top notch DG playground. Linbrook's one of the beneficiary's.

Alligator Lake: interesting lines, dual tees, and full- time dual pins that really change how you'd play a hole make this a wonderful track.

Mason Sport Park: I still think it's a good course, just not on the same level as those above.

Special Mention:
Sam Masi in Medina, OH is 11 holes, but, so I guess it doesn't qualify. But I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Severe proximity bonus: you can loop in another 16 quality holes at quality golf at Roscoe Ewing (without even having to move your car) ;), to make a pretty good day of it.

The two neighborhood parks are connected by a paved walking path. Play 1-8 at Masi, then walk down the path to #8 at Ewing and finish up on Ewing 7, and back to Masi for 9-11. The two pair nicely.

i really liked linbrook if it received the love it deserves/needs it would be high rated (and of course some slight safety concerns addressed)

two mile is too open

(spoken with true spoiled mn bias)

either way im splitting hairs and i loved the pittsburgh area and would highly recommend it as a destination spot

Selfless promotion but,as it sits now on this site, my private 9 hole course is rated the best US course. I've played few other top rated 9er, ( Lambs creek, Brickyard, Skare, etc.) The Pond still reigns in my eyes, haven't hit Linbrook or any east coast stuff though.

Reading the OG list posted, all the Texas 9 hole courses are now 18 hole coures.

I 2nd the comment on Liberty in Franklin TN, played that course a few weeks ago, it's a great little 10 hole course.

I pulled up the top ranked 9 hole courses, I have played 3 of them

Wildcat DGC in Abilene TX - while not a bad course, its not great either. It is popular because it's on a college campus. I have this one a 3.5 six years ago.
Warner Park in Manhattan KS - this one is actually pretty good, elevation and wooded holes mixed in with some open shots.
Sonora Park in Kennedale TX - decent little 9 hole course, but nothing special about it, looked up my review from 10 years ago and I gave it a 3.5.

A course with only 1 rating but I would probably rate it a 4 if I wrote a review was Palo Duro Lake in Spearman TX. After the first hole,this course gets pretty good and I enjoyed my round out there a while back.

Sonora Park in Kennedale TX - decent little 9 hole course, but nothing special about it, looked up my review from 10 years ago and I gave it a 3.5.

I was going to put this one as well, definitely the best 9-holer I've played out of 160-some courses. It makes for a nice warm-up before playing Z Boaz too.

Selfless promotion but,as it sits now on this site, my private 9 hole course is rated the best US course. I've played few other top rated 9er, ( Lambs creek, Brickyard, Skare, etc.) The Pond still reigns in my eyes, haven't hit Linbrook or any east coast stuff though.

Shu Pond is best niner I've seen. :thmbup:

Latest posts