• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Best "all around" disc from Innova?

rebellionk12

Hello everyone,

I'm sure a question like this has been asked and answered already, but I'm going for it anyway! I'm new to the game and don't want to spend a ton of money on a huge collection of discs. I enjoy playing, and want to have great scores, but I don't need to be walking around with $500+ worth of discs. So I'm looking for the best all-around mid range disc to replace my Buzzz, which I lost today :wall:.

I'd like it to be from Innova because they have the recycled plastic. I'd also like to be able to use the disc to execute straight shots, as well as slight hyzers/anhyzers. I mostly used my Buzzz for short tees that needed to work around an obstacle, as well as longer approach shots on those big, long fairways. I was looking at the Mako3, but I thought I'd get on these forums and ask before I went ahead with the purchase.

I always play from the short tees, if that assists you in your thinking!

Thanks!

Does it need to be in the DX plastic? I'm sure I could find a used one in that variety, if I wait long enough. But summer is almost over, and I'd like to buy the disc soon. I'm kind of stuck to the idea of, "if I'm going to buy a brand new disc, it needs to be from recycled plastic."

I would say the answer is easy to get another buzzz. Dx roc is a great choice and compliment to a z buzzz as it will beat up fast and be your turnover disc. Midrange and putting is the most important part of the game because if you can deuce the vast majority of holes under 300 ft you will score well anywhere.

I'd say get another Buzzz. In Z plastic.

Otherwise, the overwhelming answer here is going to be Roc.

If you want a premium disc that flies like a Z Buzzz, only better, check out the MVP Axis.

None of the suggestions are in Echo Star, like the OP wants.

If I had to, I guess I say the Echo Star Mako. But you're really limiting yourself with the Echo Star line. It's good plastic, don't get me wrong, but they don't have many models available in it. For instance, the Mako 3 is not available in Echo Star.

Really the only thing that fits what you are looking for, and Is in Echo Star, is the Mako.

If you're willing to NOT go green, any variety of Roc will be better. I prefer KC Pro and DX Rocs, as well as Champion and G Star Roc 3s.

If I had to, I guess I say the Echo Star Mako. But you're really limiting yourself with the Echo Star line. It's good plastic, don't get me wrong, but they don't have many models available in it. For instance, the Mako 3 is not available in Echo Star.

Really the only thing that fits what you are looking for, and Is in Echo Star, is the Mako.

If you're willing to NOT go green, any variety of Roc will be better. I prefer KC Pro and DX Rocs, as well as Champion and G Star Roc 3s.

Thanks AndyJB. I appreciate everyones comments and answers as well, but you've really made the decision easy for me. I'll scope out the used bin for Rocs, and just have to wait for Jah to send me one!

Keep throwing everyone!

hmm so an echo star work horse mid is what your looking for correct? Looking on their site it doesnt look like they do many mids in the Echo Star .. they run the Mako and it will be different from your buzz for sure but its capable of being a work horse .. i have seen Echo Star Rocs but i guess those were CFR type runs so would be more expensive and harder to find ... if it doesnt have to be Echo star then you have TONS of options out there

you might look into getting some Factory Seconds from Innova too... not exactly 'recycled' per-say but they are discs that otherwise weren't fit for retail.

Kind of like getting shelter pet. In premium plastic.

Roc3 or Roc are your best bets for finding something Buzzz-like.

Latest posts