• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best backhard roller disc to start out with?

Flx avenger ss, that plastic just absorbs impact and keeps on rolling, kinda like a tire. I've used the flx xl too, I just preferred the ss

Depends on what type of hole or fairway you're trying to throw a roller on. I mostly use a 144g DX Stingray. On occasion, if the fairway doglegs hard left, I'll throw a pro boss with a lot of anny with a big snap. It will hit and cut hard left, stand up and go straight for ever before falling off to the right. It's a beautiful thing.

I use a Star Roadrunner thats beat to hell. I use it for both backhand and forehand rollers.

Typically a disc that is easy to turn over will get you learning the roller. Once you get the angle right, you can adjust the angle and height to get different roller shots. Overstable plastic is good too but demands some experience getting the disc to stand up, good for fighting a cross wind on the underside of the disc. I like a DX Stingray for rollers or a faster driver beat to all hell. Floppy discs suck, use something a little more rigid.