• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Backpack bag

i guess we have different opinions. great construction and simple design seems pretty good to me. :thmbup:

great construction???? lmao....they had good materials thats it. design was awful, bad for your back, cage sticks out and wears through material, and definitely not simple. I'll give you that the space it provide was nice but otherwise it shouldn't be considered a good design by todays standards. even Salient is better....

My buddy has a Spinal Tap (not getting many mentions here). Solid bag, lots o' storage and will still hold 20+ discs. I think any issues the first runs might have had have since been fixed (straps separating). I personally know the owner and he is a classy dude and will resolve any issues you might have.

That specific bag is a little big for what I'm looking for (smaller backpack to compliment my Karma), so at this point I'm looking at the Ergo2. If Voodoo comes out with anything else soon though, they will definitely get consideration from me.

I will say that I believe the Ergo2 has the best rain fly out there ATM.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested - the current wait time on any bag from Gorilla Boy is 18-20 weeks! :wall:

Regardless, after all the videos/pictures/reviews/comments Ive looked through I decided to go with a Simian (in the new Chocolate color, which hasn't ever been made yet). Can't wait until mid-May/early June! :clap:

I think he needs to consider hiring some help.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested - the current wait time on any bag from Gorilla Boy is 18-20 weeks! :wall:

Regardless, after all the videos/pictures/reviews/comments Ive looked through I decided to go with a Simian (in the new Chocolate color, which hasn't ever been made yet). Can't wait until mid-May/early June! :clap:

I think he needs to consider hiring some help.

he sure does!!, but mine is shipped today ordered early november. well worth the wait that is for sure. this is my third gb bag never minded the wait once i see the quality and love in every stitch!

I have the Flak3 & love the design. There were some small issues with my run, but all have been resolved (to my knowledge) on this current run. Plus, customer service has been top notch.
- good price
- excellent design
- excellent customer service
- holds 20+ discs easily (if I don't need that many, I put a couple more towels in there which holds everything in place perfectly)
- upper storage holds XXL hoodie
- smaller pockets for more organization
- side putter pockets
- comfortable & light (not sure who said it was heavy, but they aren't IMO)
- quality build materials & rain fly

I'm sure the Simian is nice, but I would get annoyed having to compartmentalize my discs like that. I prefer for all of them to be lined up, but that's me...

Small prodiscus bag. I have it and its awesome. Everything has a place and I'm not just throwing everything in the top pocket. Check it out.

I have the Large Prodiscus Bag and couldn't be happier. Now, it is HUGE. I can fit almost 30 discs and a jacket in it. Along with the content of my pockets and towels, knives, birdiebags (if I were to use one), a newborn child, and small clipboards for scorecards. I'm 19 years old and 6'3" 190 lbs, so the size doesn't bother me. But in all honesty, I can't imagine having any other bag.

It really depends on what you're looking for. The Mahal is the best for carrying a lot of weight in an ergonomically correct way. The Grip is really nice looking and does a pretty good job of just about everything. Personally I went with the Simian, it's got tons of storage, built like a tank, and the built in seat is a really nice thing to have.

I'm not sure why any bag that needs a rain fly is considered superior in this discussion, especially when it's over 200 $. Sure, the Catalyst is far from a slam dunk, but at least the price justifies itself more that it's competition.

I am getting a Spinal Tap from a facebook auction. We will try it out and see how it works.