• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best bag for GoCart??

My Buddis Innova Competition bag is the Perfect fit ..
Im worried about my Karma not fitting .. as the wheels look like they would push in the cup holders on my bag ..

i havent tryed as i didnt wana have my buddi pull all his stuff out ..
but im still gonna buy one ..

My PHENIX Hardcore bag is perfect. My buddie's Revo fits great.
The main thing is to put the water bottle holders front and back, not side-to-side. You'll notice that the cart is more deep than wide. Putting your bag "sideways" rather than the way you wear it results in a better fit. Those fenders are very space-restrictive as well.
The way Barry has his bag mounted looks like crap.

And, if you want more than one putter up in your pocket... Grab a removable putter pouch from Phenix. With some keychains, I hung it over the existing pocket on the back. Now I always have my two, ready to go.

I'll add to the info.
I use the Fade Tourney bag and guess what?
It's a perfect fit.
I put mine in sideways and use the space in the back for insulated water bottles, extra clothes, etc.
I use bungie cords to keep everything in place. I did a lot of configurations before I settled on the configuration I use now. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send/post pics.

Would you recommend the Go Cart?

Hi,

Is everyone that has one, happy with the Go Cart? I'm thinking about getting one. I'm tired of having to pick up and put down my bag all the time, carry around a stool, umbrella, etc. I'm planning to play a lot of tournaments this year and feel that it would help me be less tired round 2. I have an Innova DISCarrier bag. Will that fit okay? Also, does it break down pretty easy to fit into a car? I have a Mazda3 and worried about fitting it in the trunk.

Thanks

the back comes off and so do the wheels .. but its still a big box after broken down ...
the main compartment doesnt break down ..
when i was going threw the details saterday with a buddi .. he said he wouldnt recomend it for anyone with a small car ..

but who knows it might fit ..

I bought my cadillac just for the big trunk ...
for my family ... aka my newly born son .. ( 6 months now)
but it works for carrying piles of disc junk as well ...lol

That is PRECISELY why you should get one. Last year I threw out my back in two consec. tourneys just picking up my bag. Now, I don't have to carry anything. I can even strap an open umbrella to two handles and not even carry that in the rain!
I'll get up some pic's and take a measurement of the cart with back removed so you can check it with your trunk.

I throw mine in the backseat of my mustang, if that tells you anything.

Hi,

Is everyone that has one, happy with the Go Cart? I'm thinking about getting one. I'm tired of having to pick up and put down my bag all the time, carry around a stool, umbrella, etc. I'm planning to play a lot of tournaments this year and feel that it would help me be less tired round 2. I have an Innova DISCarrier bag. Will that fit okay? Also, does it break down pretty easy to fit into a car? I have a Mazda3 and worried about fitting it in the trunk.

Thanks

Be warned, you'll take some ribbing from the people in your group about being old/lazy/uncool. If that doesn't bother or deter you, read on.
As another poster stated, it does break down. The handle will come off the box frame and it's a tight fit (but not impossible) into the backseat of my Jeep Liberty. It fits fine in the back compartment/trunk. I've modified it a bit so I can also take the wheels off for tighter storage space.
You won't need the stool, the cart is a good, but great seat; and it does have a usable backrest.
DISCarrier bag should fit fine.
I use the back compartment (that I have bungied off) for extra water, clothes, snacks, etc. I have seen people attach umbrella holders, but I have not done that (yet).
It is easy to pull, but it can be rough going up steps or over big roots.

I'll get some pictures of my rig up tonight.

I slipped an innova discarrier under one and it was too wide on the edges. The tourney or comp bag fits much better. I imagine anything not as wide overall as the Discarrier would work fine.

A guy at the park had his Voodoo Mojo in there perfectly, he said he should have enough room for a Karma

I slipped an innova discarrier under one and it was too wide on the edges. The tourney or comp bag fits much better. I imagine anything not as wide overall as the Discarrier would work fine.

Most any bag will fit.
The wider ones can go in lengthwise.

Thanks for all the info guys. Sorry to hijack the thread DiscNutt. I've been trying to decide on this thing for some time now. I play Adv. Masters, and I'm pretty sure my back will be thanking me for this purchase. Does anyone know of any coupon codes for GGGT? I found 1 for $5 off, but would love to find something better.

Most any bag will fit.
The wider ones can go in lengthwise.

Oh it fits just those big sidepockets on the discarrier stick out some.

Yep, the pockets and drink carriers on the Fade Tourney bag keep the bag from sliding back, and they do stick out some.
The GoCart is deeper than it is wide. For narrower bags, like the Revo Club bag, you need to put something to keep them from sliding back. I used bungie cords.

As promised, pics of my setup:
picture.php

picture.php

I use bungie cords to add storage to the back of the cart. Usually I'll put a quart cooler with water. I have about 6"x12" back there.
picture.php

Are you talking about the shoulder strap?
Took it off.
The bag pretty much stays in the cart.
I have a set of quads in the car, JIC.

I've heard that the wheels on the go cart are load bearing for the seat. so heavy people tend to break the wheels off when they sit. Any truth to that?

Latest posts