• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Baseline Disc

jdw80550

* Ace Member *
So most of us on here are more premium plastic thrower, but baseline discs are loved by many. People love their putters in baseline plastic. I've heard Teebirds are great in DX.

So, here's the question, what is your favorite baseline disc.

(and no KC Pros are not baseline :) )

Viking

My DX Viking. I am regretting getting a champ Viking, even used. The former flies straight and far, the latter...I might as well be throwing a TeeBird.

Last edited:
One of the reason I asked this question is bc I'm an Orc thrower, and the Orc sucks in DX. But baseline plastic is suppose to glide farther.

DX Teebirds, Rocs and XDs.

Edit: Also Stingrays and Cobras.

Last edited:
But baseline plastic is suppose to glide farther.

The main reason for this fallacy is the fact that many popular old school discs were designed, prototyped, and first produced in dx plastic. They had designs that were often more overstable than the disc was meant to fly because they assumed that the brand new stability was only going to last until a tree hit or two. When the companies started messing with better plastics they found that many of these discs that were designed for dx were too overstable and lacked glide...This is where the L molds came from...as an attempt to make the discs fly like they were supposed to using new more durable materials.

So if you like Eagles, Teebirds, etc, then by all means try some dx. That's what those discs were designed for. If most premium discs fly too stable for you to get up to speed, then go baseline. But if you like more modern stuff that was designed, prototyped, and first produced in premium then you are likely to be disappointed by baseline.

Eagle X in DX Plastic is a great disc, and I think it should be everyone's first driver for sure.

Pro-D Buzz is a great mid-range as well. My daughter loves it, even though it's 175-180 (never weighed it on a scale) and she's only 7 years old.

For a putter I would say DX Aviar is a good starter disc. I personally don't like Aviars, but they are great for begginers and many, many accomplished pros use them in DX. I throw Rhynos, but DX Rhynos, in my opinion, aren't very good.

I like the old DX plastic better but I still vote for DX Roc.

I used to love DX Teebirds but I stopped throwing them because the newer DX feels like poop. The older stuff was actually kinda durable for baseline. The new stuff chunks & gouges like nobody's business

Oh & my vote= Ontario DX Cobra

I totally agree with a DX Aviar! That was the first disc I ever bought and threw, and it's still in my bag to this day. I'm pretty sure the only reason I bought it was because it had a basket on the front of it, lol. It's beat to hell now, and holds an anny line for days. It's great for sharp left to right RHBH shots.

Latest posts