• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Cheap basket

rusch_bag

* Ace Member *
I am looking for something to putt with in the yard, but don't want to break the bank. I currently have one of the fabric ones, but want something that resembles the ones at a course. I want it to be portable, but it doesn't have to be overly portable. What should I get?

I would say a DGA Mach II. I personally have a Innova Discatcher Sport that I bought used and like I like it.

I like my Discatcher Sport. It's not expensive & isn't very heavy at all. I carry it up & down stairs in my apartment building multiple times a week with no issue. I also have a Discatcher Traveler for when I want to putt/throw when I'm not at home. It's great for it's purpose but I wouldn't recommend it for just at home use.

Depending on definition of cheap. I love the MVP Black Hole Pro, but it's $140. Breaks down very easily, but super solid when put together. The sturdiness and inner chains do make it heavy though.

Depending on definition of cheap. I love the MVP Black Hole Pro, but it's $140. Breaks down very easily, but super solid when put together. The sturdiness and inner chains do make it heavy though.

Yep. Havent had any complaints on sold ones really at all outside of minor stuff which has been addressed since the first run.

I have been temped to grab one of these for my second basket.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014971OH2/ref=pe_152040_229677470_em_1p_0_ti

For the price it seems to be a nice copy of the DC Sport for $80 bucks cheaper and free shipping. I am also an Innova dealer and this is still cheaper than dealer cost plus the shipping I would have to pay for another Sport.

I bought one of those last Christmas, but it didn't have the Sport top. Wonder what else they changed up. It definitely needed more chains. I moved all of them into the center, bullseye style, it catches well if you hit the pole like that.

I'd second Mach 2 if you want to leave it outside.

Another you can leave outside I believe is the innova super sport.

I wouldn't leave it out in the yard, would bring it into the garage when I'm not using it. I think both the Titan and the Black Hole pro look like good options. Any other comparisons of the two?

Black hole pro seems a lot better quality and your supporting a disc golf company.

I was so pissed they released that a bit after Christmas last year. I got the Titan instead :(

I bought one of those last Christmas, but it didn't have the Sport top. Wonder what else they changed up. It definitely needed more chains. I moved all of them into the center, bullseye style, it catches well if you hit the pole like that.

I'd second Mach 2 if you want to leave it outside.

Another you can leave outside I believe is the innova super sport.

Are you sure you didn't get this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Basket...rs=10064826011&ie=UTF8&qid=1490014264&sr=8-52

The $82 Titan with dual rows of chains is far inferior to the $109 Titan Discatcher clone. For the $, the $109 Titan is the best basket deal anywhere imo.

Yea I think your right. I don't think it was $80 when I bought it though.

It's fine, but man I wish I had waited just a little longer.

Oh well, next basket will be a legit discatcher.

+1 for the MVP Black Pro. I have had a Discatcher Sport before and I would say this is just as sturdy and the chains are even heavier than the Sport. Had lots of slide thrus on the Sport and hardly ever have that happen on the MVP. For $140 it has to be the best quality out there under $200. It breaks down in under a minute and total weight is about 35-40 lbs so its easy to move even if its full put together.

http://kwsdiscgolf.com/product/hive-basket-double/

I have been very happy with the Hive Double-Chain for the past few years, in fact I just bought another one a few weeks ago so I have two. They are $109.99 with fee shipping I believe from KWS. I feel this catches as good as any local course baskets and holds its own against longer "ace run" like upshots. Breaks down very easily and can be stored in its own basket for transport.

FWIW I have not thrown on the MVP everyone is talking about so I don't have a comparison.

http://kwsdiscgolf.com/product/hive-basket-double/

I have been very happy with the Hive Double-Chain for the past few years, in fact I just bought another one a few weeks ago so I have two. They are $109.99 with fee shipping I believe from KWS. I feel this catches as good as any local course baskets and holds its own against longer "ace run" like upshots. Breaks down very easily and can be stored in its own basket for transport.

FWIW I have not thrown on the MVP everyone is talking about so I don't have a comparison.

This is my modified version of the hive/ebay 24 chain basket -- both poles lengthened 3", plastic conduit added to outside of poles, inner chains set so they are always centered between outer chains, etc. Specs are now equivalent to Discatcher basket and catches incredibly well, and is much quieter as well. The conduit muffles the clanging noise and helps prevent pole bounce outs.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 100
MVP Black Hole Pro is what I have, and I love it. Its just a hair below my buddy's Discraft Recruit basket, and the fit and finish is great. It breaks down and re-assembles in under 5 minutes, easy to transport, and at $140, its a pretty alright price point IMO.

My first basket was a fallen branch from the woods. Hacked off the bark, chopped the end into a point and hammered it into my backyard.

Hard to beat free :)

For an actual basket I'll second the black holes. Very quick and easy to take apart and load up into a trunk.