• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best course names?

funny, being a fellow Georgian, I was also going to say Deer Lick and Flyboy. Frog Rock is a good one too, makes me think of Fraggle Rock! Lol

In the process of building one now on the family property: Frosty's Rest DGC.

My father's bowling buddies nick-named him Frosty years ago. Dad passed last fall, just as planning had begun on the course.

Hornets Nest

Charlotte's Web

Scrapyard

Renaissance

Angry Beaver

Skillborne

And that's just in Charlotte.

Also, Dry Creek --- because it's never dry.

Hornets Nest -

Charlotte's Web

Scrapyard

Renaissance-

Angry Beaver

Skillborne

And that's just in Charlotte.

Also, Dry Creek --- because it's never dry.

Renny and Hornets are Park names. cant really call them course names.

the Beav and Scrapyard are good names tho.

Holler In The Hills

Grand Central Station

Stoney Hill

Sugaree

Black Jack

The Sarge

Legacy Trails

Fox Chase

Renny and Hornets are Park names. cant really call them course names.

the Beav and Scrapyard are good names tho.

When someone in the disc golf world says they're going to Renny or Hornets, no one thinks they're going to barbeque and play on the swing sets.

I like to think that the park was named after the course :hfive:

In any case, that's what the courses are called, and the names of the courses are cool. Stop being a Debbie Downer, VOR!

Here in the northwest Chicago burbs we've got awe inspiring course names like North Salk Park, Clark Park, and my home course, Margreth Riemer Reservoir. Where do they come up with such amazing names?!?!? I get chills! ;)

To represent West Virginia, I'd say that "The Woodshed" and "The Whipping Post" are rather fitting names...

Among my favorite names. I've never played them, but they certainly present an image.

Stoney Hill might be the name with the most unintended inferences. (It's the community name, derived from the actual rocks in the actual hills of the area.