• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses in OR?

Of the 15-ish courses I've played in Oregon... (including Whistlers, Pier, and Adair)... I'd say nothing compares to Milo. It's just Serious Golf.
DSCJNKY

you, OP, have excellent taste. Pier Park is the bomb.

though id like to play milo.

I'll subscribe to this thread... let's hear from some OR locals.

The usual list for top Oregon courses (not in any particular order) is:

Whistler's Bend
Milo McIver State Park
Horning's Hideout
Pier Park

Following those four, it's more open to opinion, with lots of good courses including:

Adair
Dexter
Dabney
Willamette
Camp Tadmor

dabney is the only one of the 2nd tier ive played.

if the other few are as good, OR is a helluva golf state.:clap:

In my opinion... Pier was nothing special. I would much rather play Dabney than Pier.
DSCJNKY

I played Tree Top, at the Dalles in Northern Oregon. I was a part of a road trip, but wouldn't go there as the only destination. Mostly flat, in a good sized park. Lots of trees between the basket and the tee, no real good line at the holes. It was fun, but not great. I have heard the Portland area courses are epic, need to head that way soon.

My top 5 in the state in no order are:

Dexter
Wistler's Bend
Horning's Hideout- Canyon Course
Milo - 27 hole latout (Pro or AM)
Dabney

I have a few other favs out there. For out there golf there in nothing like late fall or early spring rounds at Hagg Lake. Fun course would be nice of it was taken care of....

Hippy007

I have played most that Oregon has to offer. My favorites are;

Waterloo
Milo
Whistlers
Hornings
Adair

If your interested in hanging out and camping, Whistlers wins. I went there a week ago and swam around the bend with swim goggles. I found a fishing spear in the middle of the river, and saw so many steelhead that I actually got my hands on two, while going through the rapids.

I played Pier, Milo and Hornings hideout this week. I loved Pier, very beautiful, played it 3 times 1st day. Definitely different from the KC courses I'm used to, must hit lines cleanly.
Horning's Hideout, 2 very good courses including a gold and a pitch and putt, I really wish I could spend a full weekend out there.
Milo was blah. Long, open with the exception of a few holes that were good. Milo was just like several KC courses, open and long. If you have a huge arm and don't screw up the wooded area too bad you are fine, but not all that fun.
On subsequent trips I will be going to Pier and Hornings again and skipping Milo.

I have only been playing for about a month or two and I live in Salem and I love the courses around here. So far I have played Cascade Gateway, Woodmansee, Adair, Pier Park and Milo. As far as sheer enjoyment goes I really enjoyed Milo and Pier Park. I thought Adair was just crazy hard but I am a little more experienced and I will be hitting it again soon.

I play Cascade Gateway most often because it is close to home and allows me to work on my fundamentals as well. I am looking forward to hitting Hornings. I do not have a big arm by any means but I still enjoyed Milo quite a bit.

I've also played all the courses mentioned here thus far, and I'd throw in Bryant as one of the top 5 courses for sure. Much, much better than Adair or Waterloo, IMO. My list:

Whistler's
Milo
Bryant
Hornings
Pier

I just looked at the reviews for Bryant and I live within driving distance so I am going to check it out for sure. But it does not sounds fun to me. It sounds highly technical and aggravating. Which can be a good thing I suppose. :)

Latest posts