• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses in OR?

I still have yet to play Dabney, Milo or Hornings. The only OR course I hated was the Grand Lodge.
Grand Lodge is not a course so much as it is a place to toss discs while tossing back beer at the same time.

I like the little hyzerbomb hole where if you miss left you run the risk of spiking it into the dining area on the lawn. The chance that you might send some unsuspecting patron to the hospital if you don't commit to the shot all the way is far and away the most interesting challenge the course provides.

Dexter Park
Horning's Hideout - Canyon Course OR Meadow Ridge
Milo McIver State Park (Riverbend DGC)
Pier Park
Tree Top DGC at Sorosis Park
Whistler's Bend

I can't wait to get up to OR and play all the awesome courses you guys have! Next summer I'm planning a big vacation that will definitely take me up that way. I love Oregon... wish I was playing disc when I lived there. Can't wait! :D

Oregonheart.gif

Can't wait to play some more oregon courses. I met a girl from Portland at the last tourny I went to, so now that I have a place to stay up there, I need to make a serious portland trip.

Can't wait to play some more oregon courses. I met a girl from Portland at the last tourny I went to, so now that I have a place to stay up there, I need to make a serious portland trip.

Sounds like it!
DSCJNKY

New course

Well one course that will make some peoples top list or bottom list is due to be completed in November of this year. The course is at the hill top day use area in the new State Park "LL Stub Stewart". The course is a fully wooded course, with tight but fair fairways, elevation gain, good mix of lefty and righty holes including par 4's and 5's. In the longs the par will be about a 60-62, in the shorts the par will be a 57-58. The park itself is an amazing piece of land with elevation gain throughout the park. The park has cabins, tent camping and full hookups within walking distance of the course. Given the level of support we have obtained from the Park Staff I can see this park becoming a disc golf destination. After the first course is complete the park will evaluate use and if the numbers are there then they will authorize a second course for installation. So far the support and feedback from the disc golf community has been good and we hope to continue to receive the feedback and make adjustments to the course. If you are ever out to play Horning's take a 20 minute detour out hwy 26 to hwy 47 to Stub Stewart and check out the new course. We are at 14 baskets in the ground right now and we will be putting the last 4 baskets on November 14th during our next work party. The tee pads, collars, signs and benches are already installed we just need to finish clearing the fairways of debris and underbrush and finish the trail system.

Latest posts