• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best DG Course and Brewery Combo.

How is it possible that the new Sierra-Nevada brewery in Asheville (sorry, Mills River) doesn't have a disc golf course? Seems like a no-brainer.

Whale Rock DGC in Paso Robles, CA actually plays through the vineyards of Castoro Winery. Sure, it may not be craft beer, but your moderate greens fees also includes wine tasting. Solid course, great weather, 18 holes.

On the DL, I had earmarked this place for a trip my GF was planning for us up Paso Robles way. I thought it'd be great to play a few rounds on a course in that stunning area then dovetail it with a visit to the winery right there. Of course, once I told her about my scheme to shoe-horn some disc golf into our winery tour, she said, "hell no!"

The entire Santa Inez Valley is gorgeous and I'm surprised that there aren't more PtP courses taking advantage of the scenery, space and topography. Disc golf plus we on a hot Santa Barbara/SLO County summer day would be a no-brainier.

You can't walk there, but Golden Road Brewery is a short 10 minute drive from Chavez Ridge DGC in Elysian Park near DTLA. Chavez Ridge is a short, rugged, sloped, technical track that will tax your body, especially if you get "Chavezed" once or twice during your round. And Golden Road is the perfect place to unwind after such a round: stellar beers, big menu, abundant outdoor seating, kiddy playground, pong, cornhole, etc.

12715229_1031321710239294_4426875222910469312_n.jpg

Olde Mechlenburg Brewing Co. (OMB) in Charlotte, NC http://www.oldemeckbrew.com/

Mecklenburg County Disc Golf Courses
Idlewild Road Park (The Scrapyard) 10512 Idlewild Rd
Nevin Park, 6000 Statesville Rd
RL Smith District Park, 1604 Little Rock Road
Sugaw Creek Park, 943 W Sugar Creek Rd
Hornet's Nest Park, 6301 Beatties Ford Rd
Eastway Park, 423 Eastway Dr
Renaissance Park, 1200 W Tyvola Rd
Elon Park, 11401 Ardrey Kell Rd
Reedy Creek Park, 2900 Rocky River Rd
Squirrel Lake Park, 1631 Pleasant Plains Rd
Kilborne Park, 2600 Kilborne Dr
Bailey Road Park, 11536 Bailey Rd
Mint Hill Park, 8850 Fairview Rd
Bradford Park, 17005 Davidson-Concord Rd
Thomas Mc Allister Winget Park, 12025 Winget Road

Anderson Valley is a cool property, but the beer is merely average.
How important is the DG/Beer ratio ?
Hop Valley makes good beer, and Eugene has good disc golf.
In fact, an Oregon beer/disc golf tour would have very few low points.

Frankenmuth, Michigan.

memorial park in Frankenmuth is a amazing beautiful park, and Frankenmuth is just a cool little town. Know as little Baveria its a German themed town with several mirco breweries. The d,g, park is the cleanest park you may ever see, mowed lawns and rolling hills it is picture perfect. So Golf and brew ,ya they have it down

In Michigan there are several world class brewers with world class DG courses in their backyards... Grand Rapids DG & Founders or Perrin brewing
Traverse City DG & Shorts or Right Brain
Kalamazoo DG & Bells
Northern Detroit suburbs & Kuhnhenn brewing.

Cape Henlopen is a course that seldom gets lots of love but i like it. Variety of shots, multiple tee pads and distances. Close to beach and, about 8 miles from Dogfish Head brewery

Hyland orchard and brewery is/was pretty sweet. Play through orchards and theres an outdoor and indoor bar on site in addition to the brewery. Unfortunately they closed 9 holes to rent out the space for weddings, etc.

Hyland gets my vote, good course and good beer plus Maple Hill DGC is about 25 minutes away.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8013

I haven't played this one, and I also have never tried their beer, so I don't know about "best", but this is a Brewery/DG course combo in Aurora, CO. The course doesn't look like much (one reviewer gave it 5 discs, lol) but it's a place to throw while sampling some adult refreshments.

Whale Rock DGC in Paso Robles, CA actually plays through the vineyards of Castoro Winery. Sure, it may not be craft beer, but your moderate greens fees also includes wine tasting. Solid course, great weather, 18 holes.

I gotta try this course! And the wine of course :)

Also want to share this post on the Corralitos Brewery from DGA:

http://www.discgolf.com/steady-ed-red-ale-makes-its-debut/

I've been going to this building for years for firewood. Had a few conversations with the owner's sons about Disc Golf. Apparently they played the earliest versions of Disc Golf with Steady Ed in this building when he was in the process of inventing the sport. Recently, the building became a part time brewery as well, and make beer named after Steady Ed. Local DGers like to go to this spot. I've been and tasted the beer, and it is excellent. The brewery is closest to Aptos High School and Pinto Lake DG courses. They hope to bring their beer to Master's Cup at Delaveaga this year. Here is their facebook page as well if you want to check it out if you ever come to town:

https://www.facebook.com/corralitosbrewingco/

The Sierra-Nevada Brewery in Chico, CA isn't far from Peregrine Point, which is an amazing course. Santa Rosa added a course I haven't had a chance to check out yet, but Russian River is also in Santa Rosa. Anderson Valley is great though.

The Sierra-Nevada Brewery in Chico, CA isn't far from Peregrine Point, which is an amazing course. Santa Rosa added a course I haven't had a chance to check out yet, but Russian River is also in Santa Rosa. Anderson Valley is great though.

The course in Santa Rosa is Taylor Mountain on a county park. The reviews are pretty spot on I think. I'm an intermediate player so the course is great in my view but could use a bit better navigation help. It is about 3 miles or less from Russian River Brewery. Last weekend I ran into several groups i'm pretty sure were in town for the Pliny the Younger release on right now.

Latest posts