• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc golf city in the country?

toss up between charlotte and twin city area MN...leaning more towards charlotte though for difficulty of the courses

Pittsburg,PA and Rochester, NY both have a plethora of good to great courses and they both qualify as cities.

I haven't updated my data since August, but at that time there were 4 areas that had 4 courses over 4.00 rating (on 5+ reviews) within 25 miles:
1. Austin (actually 5 courses meeting the specs)
2. Portland
3. Northeast Charlotte
4. North of Philly
All 4 of those also have over 25 total courses with 25 miles.

If you want to lower your standards a bit, here are the ones with at least 5 courses rated over 3.75 (on 5+ reviews) within 25 miles:
1. Dallas (8 courses)
2. Austin (7)
3. Portland (6)
3. Minneapolis (6)
5. Charlotte (5)
5. North of Philly (5)
5. Augusta (5)
5. Kansas City (5)
All of these have over 25 total courses within 25 miles except KC (21) and Augusta (13).

Okay, just because I love you man, I have updated my stats.

There are 6 areas that have 4 or more courses with a 4.00+ rating (on 5+ reviews) within 25 miles:
1. Dallas (5 courses)
2. Austin, Portland, Charlotte, Philly, Denver (4 each)
All of these have at least 25 total courses within 25 miles.

If you want to lower your standards, there are 9 areas that have 5 or more courses with a 3.75+ rating (on 5+ reviews) within 25 miles:
1. Dallas (10 courses)
2. Austin (7)
3. Portland and Minneapolis (6 each)
5. Charlotte, Philly, Augusta, Highbridge, Kansas City (5 each)
Each of these has at least 22 total courses within 25 miles, except Highbridge (10) and Augusta (12).

Note that Denver is in the first list but not the second. It has 4 courses 4.00+, but no additional courses at 3.75+.

Some other areas that have 4 at 3.75+: Allentown, Des Moines, Quad Cities, St Louis.

Bowling Green? Really? 16 total courses with 2 at 3.75+. I mean, even Partlow VA has 3 courses at 4.00+.

Disclaimer: The lists above only include the cities on my radar. I'm accepting other nominations from you if you do the queries yourself first and provide a zip code that puts them on either list. Other cities I spot-checked: Cincy, N. Indiana, Pittsburgh-ish.

Another vote for Ann Arbor MI.

Geez, not sure how Ann Arbor fell off my radar. They are in the upper crust.

There are 7 areas that have 4 or more courses with a 4.00+ rating (on 5+ reviews) within 25 miles:
1. Dallas and Ann Arbor (5 courses each)
3. Austin, Portland, Charlotte, Philly, Denver (4 each)

If you want to lower your standards, there are 10 areas that have 5 or more courses with a 3.75+ rating (on 5+ reviews) within 25 miles:
1. Dallas (10 courses)
2. Austin and Ann Arbor (7 each)
4. Portland and Minneapolis (6 each)
6. Charlotte, Philly, Augusta, Highbridge, Kansas City (5 each)
Each of these has at least 22 total courses within 25 miles, except Highbridge (10) and Augusta (12).

I am not really qualified to answer since I have really only played in North Carolina & Florida but Charlotte is awesome, I moved to South Florida about 13 years ago and the thing I miss most about Charlotte is the Disc Golf Courses.

Geez, not sure how Ann Arbor fell off my radar. They are in the upper crust.

There are 7 areas that have 4 or more courses with a 4.00+ rating (on 5+ reviews) within 25 miles:
1. Dallas and Ann Arbor (5 courses each)
3. Austin, Portland, Charlotte, Philly, Denver (4 each)

If you want to lower your standards, there are 10 areas that have 5 or more courses with a 3.75+ rating (on 5+ reviews) within 25 miles:
1. Dallas (10 courses)
2. Austin and Ann Arbor (7 each)
4. Portland and Minneapolis (6 each)
6. Charlotte, Philly, Augusta, Highbridge, Kansas City (5 each)

Well it looks like Dallas has it on both Fronts!:clap:

I coulda told you that! Too bad Selah is too far away to be included.

Here's a stat for you: Talco, TX - 2 courses with 5.0 rating!

I'd vote for Dallas and KC. Just because I know about their disc golf scene a little. Best town for disc golf under 35,000 people? Emporia!

Narrowing it down to "city" gets interesting...

My favorite "cities" to play in have been DFW and Charlotte for the sheer number of great courses in each. I, however, am definitely withholding my vote because I haven't played in Michigan yet...and they have a ridiculous number of courses in the Detroit metropolitan area...I mean good god.

i havent played a lot mentioned except ann arbor.

grand rapids, mi has 6 pretty good courses within 25 miles. then 1 hour away is ludington: flip city, leviathan, mason complex, saugatuck, and a few more good courses.