• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Best Disc of 2003

Best Disc of 2003

• Aerobie Epic

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • Discraft Buzzz

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • Discraft Challenger

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Discraft Crush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DGA Squall

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Gateway Chief

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Innova Monster

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Innova Starfire

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Innova Viking

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters

New013

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
There really isn't a point to this one... but go ahead.

Note the DGA Squall was approved as a Discraft disc.

Last edited:
Buzzz is the obvious answer. Although the Challenger is not a bad second option.

let's see if we can get enough buzzz haters to run up the epic and take it out

Me and the Buzzz have never "clicked" so I voted for one of my favorite discs, the Viking.

The real questions here is....what was the 2nd best disc from 2003? Of course I voted Buzzz. That is one mold that will probably never leave my bag. Z Buzzz all day. I really like these polls. Looking forward to the disc of the decade one. Best disc of 2007 - Hands down will be the Destroyer. I think it was '07.

Squall FT2!

I've found tons of discs that I can replace the Buzzz with, but nothing has competed with the Squall. I find it more consistent than the buzzz. Nice slow turn, but it always turns. I also like the way the Squall beats in better than the Buzzz. If I threw a Buzzz, I would throw it more often. But the Squall does its job better than the Buzzz does its.

Don't bag a Buzzz and didn't really like the ones I have tried out. Even so, the Buzzz is the hands down winner and got my vote.

The real questions here is....what was the 2nd best disc from 2003? Of course I voted Buzzz. That is one mold that will probably never leave my bag. Z Buzzz all day. I really like these polls. Looking forward to the disc of the decade one. Best disc of 2007 - Hands down will be the Destroyer. I think it was '07.

yeah i kinda wanted to leave the buzzz off to #1 troll the hell out of buzzzers and #2 to see what would win absent the buzzz. whatever disc that finishes second wouldn't necessarily win if the buzzz wasnt on there.

As everyone else here has stated, the Buzzz is the clear option, but can be replaced by a number of different molds. I put my vote on the Epic, and I only say that because for people who throw them, there is NO disc out there that will replace it. Not to mention, I have an ace with one, and my furthest drive throwing on flat ground is 550' and that was also with an Epic. The plastic is junk, the disc is gimmicky, but damn are they fun to throw. My only wish is that they would take away the ability to tweak the edge and instead make it out of a premium plastic and switch to two different models, one that will go left, and one that will go right, pre-tweaked. It blows out my shoulder when I throw it, but I can crank on these things, and I would put one back in the bag if it were available in a good plastic.

Too bad this is the "Best disc" and not "Most important". The Buzzz is the clear winner here, but I voted Epic because it needs to be shown some love. I'm not a Buzzz hater by any means.

I voted Viking because I cant stand the buzz. I throw a gator and a coyote for mids. The Buzzzz feels like I am throwing a dang waiters serving tray.

we have a pretty large group of overhand guys around here
epic sees a lot of use on our local course

i however am a buzzz thrower

Latest posts