• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc purchase you ever made

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Had to specify disc, as I thought about my Golden Retriever and other accessories people like around here.

But what single order/purchased set of discs on one receipt was your best move?

I just got an R-Pro Boss, Elite X Buzzz, and a Banger GT Soft X and took them out yesterday for the first time, and right away; I feel like I could play a round with just those right out of the box. In fact, I just about did.

Still gotta get used to the R-Pro plastic and my release but the thing flies!

Yea the r-pro bosses are great. It does get some getting used too and they do tend to get beat up a bit but I have been throwing mine about a month and I will say even though I have smacked some trees with it it still flies the same.

Second would have to be the stalker. I hated that disc when I bought but now I am getting used to it and it really flies great. Kind of a sleeper great buy.

My last order:
FLX drone, star boss, star eagle x, star teebird, champ groove, and SSS voodoo...out of all of these, the groove is the only one that I don't use on a VERY regular basis...

My pro pig. I was struggling with approach shots around 125' or so and this disc took strokes off my game. Forehand approach with the Pig and 8.5 times out of 10 I can land it with a drop in putt. I've even made the occasional bird from 100' out.

Probably about nine years ago when I bought my first ce disc when they came out and I feltCrazy for spending 18 on one disc.

I have two. The first was a freebee from Justin at Gateway. I was buying some discs asking his advice on others when he handed me a new disc they'd developed. It was an element. No stamp just EL written in sharpie. The first time I threw it I knew I was in love. I've had several since then.

The next was a trade for my first 150g Polaris. I was looking for a light weight driver to help rehab (IOW throw without too much pain) a broken shoulder. Now the Polaris is my primary driver.

At a tournament, I cashed and took home a dx wraith, a KC pro roc, a star BB aviar, and two SSS wizards, and now I'd say over 3/4 of my shots are with those discs.

I bought a FLX Buzz and an XL in the same order and haven't looked back since. I had to up grade my XL to an ESP but I am still using my first Buzz.

when i bought a z buzzz, i birdied a hole for the first time using that disc for my driver, between a 15 foot tree mando from 60 ft away from it, i thought that was cool

the day the buzzz was released, the days i bought my quad shocks and revo carolina bag, and recently the day i started putting with the wizard.

My first driver -- Innova Eagle. Awesome predictable flight for n00bs. Learned to throw backhand, forehand, hammer and thumber with it. Lost it in the woods b/c it was yellow-green, which is the most illogical color for a golf disc I can think of. Loved my first Discraft Magnet too; post took a huge chunk out of it before it drowned in a lake.

Latest posts