• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best distance driver for small hands?

For people with small hands I would say stick to the fairway drivers. The valkyrie, as others have noted, is a great distance disc with a relatively small rim.

Dukduk, measure the inside area between your first knuckle, and your second knuckle of your index finger with a CM measuring tape or something measuring in CM. Get the max, and then that will be the widest rim you can grip consistently, and will be generally your farthest disc. Most people are around 1.9-2.0 cm. So any disc that falls into the category of your measured width, will be the disc you'll be able to transfer the most potential energy to, given you have good form. Anything larger and you'll have more potential for slips to cause energy loss during transfer to the disc, and possibly lose, or never gain distance over the disc that fits that measurement you got.

Or GRAB A BOSS!

No effin wonder I got no 'd' I got zero cm because I don't have an effin 2nd knuckle on my left index finger...well hell, nor a first really.

I guess I should be happy when I was getting about 250' with my Gazelles.

Speaking of which....Gazelle. :)

If you throw over 400' try an Orc. If you throw 350'-400', get an S-PD or a SOLF. If you throw 300'-350', try a P-PD or MOLF. Less than 300' I would try a dx Teebird. These are all straight discs, because the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line!

Is there something somewhere that has the rim widths of each disc?

The Valk was my very first go to driver...for quite some time. Then I started experimenting around with other drivers and next thing you know the Valk was forgotten in my bag. But recently I have started throwing it again (Star 170 g)...and with my improved form since last time I have thrown it I have really has some great results. That thing will glide forever and it works such a nice predictable line. I also don't have big hands and I love the feel of it in my hands.

No effin wonder I got no 'd' I got zero cm because I don't have an effin 2nd knuckle on my left index finger...well hell, nor a first really.

I guess I should be happy when I was getting about 250' with my Gazelles.

Speaking of which....Gazelle. :)

Wait, what?

Valk is a great disc, very close to that avenger ss, but i say the valk is superior. Also, you may want to consider a wider disc with a smaller rim. The Viper and Riptide come to mind as a nice overstable/straight disc combo that might work for you.
I know a lot of people don't play DGA discs, but their plastic is sweet and the Viper is just classic and there's a very good reason it's been in production for over 15 years, if not longer...history lesson? three-putt???

I've also heard of a lot of people having success with the Archangel. I have a CFR that I haven't quite figured out yet, but it's a nice slower, understable disc that I've seen thrown 400 feet.

I have smallish hands as well. I find eagles work well and are a good compliment to leopards.

RHBH 325' max 300' course.

I've also heard of a lot of people having success with the Archangel. I have a CFR that I haven't quite figured out yet, but it's a nice slower, understable disc that I've seen thrown 400 feet.

CFR Archangels are NOTHING like the dx version. They only made one CFR run of Archangels because they came out overstable and the disc was supposed to be Innova's understable driver.

CFR Archangels are NOTHING like the dx version. They only made one CFR run of Archangels because they came out overstable and the disc was supposed to be Innova's understable driver.

See, I've never thrown a DX, but I can tell you that my CFR Archangel is not overstable at all...even a little. I'd call it the flippiest disc I own but I probably just haven't thrown it nearly enough to learn it's subtleties...

I own over 25 disc, and the one I personally like better is the Innova Dragon, it is a 150 weight and has a small rim. Its speed is still an 8 and it floats, therefore I use it at courses with bad water hazzards. I throw it between 300 and 400 feet.

CFR Archangel is definitely a different animal. I bought one just because it was different.

Archangel is the longest disc I have ever thrown...in a field. Problem is you take it out on course and it turns over like a little ho'

See, I've never thrown a DX, but I can tell you that my CFR Archangel is not overstable at all...even a little. I'd call it the flippiest disc I own but I probably just haven't thrown it nearly enough to learn it's subtleties...

Maybe yours is beat as they came out in like '03 or '04. Is it clear, gummy champion plastic? Those started out as overstable as clear Champ Teebirds, just a little faster.

CFR Archangel is definitely a different animal. I bought one just because it was different.

Archangel is the longest disc I have ever thrown...in a field. Problem is you take it out on course and it turns over like a little ho'

I actually lost one in a field throwing. Was a soccer field and it flew over the fence on my right into the larger field about as far as I could ever throw and I just left it there.