• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Distance Driver

Best Innova Distance Driver

• Total voters
With so many drivers out there, I can honestly say I have only tried a few. I voted Destroyer because it is the consistently biggest driver under perfect conditions (that I have played with). I have been discing down a bit lately, and I am really happy with the distance I can get with slower discs.

I've never thrown a Beast, Wraith, Monarch, Valkyrie, Boss, or Viking, and a long list of others. I carry Orc, Destroyer, Roadrunner, Sidewinder and use them for different shots. Teebird, Katana, Nuke, and every other driver out there should have been included in the poll.

I voted Destroyer simply because it is the best all around. It is faster and better in wind than a Wraith. Compared to Bosses/Nukes/Katanas it is a lot straighter, finishes more forward, is less nose sensitive, and has less LSS. It also comes in a million plastic options and its easy to find one that feels right and has the right stability. You can get domey ones, flat ones, gummy ones, stiff ones, overstable, flippy, etc, etc.

I find that no disc is inherently the best, but that the throwers ability has more to do with it than disc design generally.

I find that no disc is inherently the best, but that the throwers ability has more to do with it than disc design generally.

Of course there is no best for everyone. However, if you have the ability to throw different distance drivers at the speeds they were designed for, you can compare their characteristics and make judgements based on these comparisons.

i just picked up a star kat and champ destroyer, both are great, still trying to decide which one i like better.
i voted for destroyer

Pro beast will bomb, as will a 168-170 Pro destroyer. You need good form and power to use those though effectively. Listen to scoot_er, he knows what he's talking about. That comet can get well over 300, and on a downhill shot I still throw the comet for 350-400+. Such beautiful glide.

I like you!
This thread reminded me of when I was new and I took a mixed stack of 8 discs out to a football field and threw them as hard as I could. My Challenger putter went the furthest but they all were within 10 yards of each other. I was so confused. I had studied the flight charts and they all just did the same thing. I'm still laughing at that.

This thread reminded me of when I was new and I took a mixed stack of 8 discs out to a football field and threw them as hard as I could. My Challenger putter went the furthest but they all were within 10 yards of each other. I was so confused. I had studied the flight charts and they all just did the same thing. I'm still laughing at that.

My dad and I went to a PIAS and bout a bunch of Lightning discs. I got a #2 roller and being the 11 year old that I was I threw it like every other disc and it went..........left! :doh:

Those were the days

My dad and I went to a PIAS and bout a bunch of Lightning discs. I got a #2 roller and being the 11 year old that I was I threw it like every other disc and it went..........left! :doh:

Those were the days
That's awesome.

Any putter recommendations and weights?

Maybe thinking of getting a Dart for her. I know it is personal preference, but the local Play It Again doesn't have much (no dedicated store that I know of) ...

I have a 171g DX Aviar P&A, 175g R-Pro Aviar for her to try too.

Any weight or putter recommendations?

I figure Putter, her current 149g DX Cobra and a lightweight 155-160g Leopard (can't seem to find any 160g Leopards though) for a three disc set ...

just recently discovered the discraft force after long deliberation, man, this disc is baaad! bossish, but a little more stable...i did average 325-350, now im up to 375 EASY. its competing with my boss right now but DUDE, this disc is so fast out of my hand!

Any putter recommendations and weights?

Maybe thinking of getting a Dart for her. I know it is personal preference, but the local Play It Again doesn't have much (no dedicated store that I know of) ...

I have a 171g DX Aviar P&A, 175g R-Pro Aviar for her to try too.

Any weight or putter recommendations?

I figure Putter, her current 149g DX Cobra and a lightweight 155-160g Leopard (can't seem to find any 160g Leopards though) for a three disc set ...

Wrong thread ... bouncing back and forth ... this was for the Discs for women thread .... ooops

I agree with you on the speed ratings. I throw a TeeRex on most holes that I can (I'm left-handed) and throw it around 330 depending on the elements sometime up to the 350 range though my valk seems to go pretty close in distance with less hyzer, usually more like an "S" curve, just doesn't hold in the wind anymore.

IMO

10: 330'/360'
11: 350'/380'
12: 360'/400'
13: 380'/420'

Keep in mind that these are just ballpark figures of the speeds these discs generally need to get up to or past their cruising speed, YMMV based on technique/disc mold and plastic/cleanliness of throw/snap vs. arm speed/wind and several other factors

I have recently rediscovered the Wraith. For a year I was tinkering with Bosses, Halos, Katanas, Forces, Destroyers, and Nukes. One moment one would be the longest, the next week something else would seem to be the answer. Yet in the last month I have been absolutely crushing my Echo Star Wraiths, they are perfectly for everything 300 feet and more. They hold a perfect hyzer line when I need accuracy and flex out at just the right moment when going for max D. Last night on a driving range style hole, I placed a Destroyer at 380, a Halo and Katana at 400, but the E* Wraith easily at 435. Of course last night was ideal weather conditions, but I find all my Echo Star and Star Wraiths have been pushing everything else out of the bag that is not a mid or a TeeBird.