• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Best fairway driver for windy days....

The "best fairway driver for windy days" in to a headwind is the one that you can can control and depend on doing what you think it's going to do. It's going to be a different answer for everyone.

That being said, for me it's a Saint Pro, Banshee, Firebird, or XXX depending on the line and type of throw I'm lining up for.

Teebird and eagle x are great controllable fairway drivers that handle wind well.

Teebird and eagle x are great controllable fairway drivers that handle wind well.

FIREBIRD / Thread

It depends on how far you're throwing and what kind of disc you're looking for. My wife throws 300', and a Teebird is plenty stable for her to still shape lines in most wind conditions while being useful on calm days too. If you throw farther or you're just looking for a utility dis that will hyzer out in any wind the firebird is a good choice.

If you had asked me this in Korea, I would have said Banshee all day. However, now that I'm up in Colorado, I find my Brinster or glow CFR Teebird have plenty of beef for all but the stiffest headwinds.

If it's blowing hard enough to make those uncontrollable, I'll bust out my new love, the MVP Motion. Previous to my love affair with the Motion, I would have used a CE Firebird.

It depends on how far you're throwing and what kind of disc you're looking for. My wife throws 300', and a Teebird is plenty stable for her to still shape lines in most wind conditions while being useful on calm days too. If you throw farther or you're just looking for a utility dis that will hyzer out in any wind the firebird is a good choice.

I agree but he was asking for a headwind mostly. Most reliable disc I have ever thrown in a headwind with confidence is a Firechicken. I hear ya on less powerful players throwing stable discs for this instead of overstable but IMO most relabel headwind driver of all time has to be the Firebird.

As far as shaping lines with the almighty Firechicken goes they have many different plastic types and each flies a bit different. I Max weight DX that is beat to hell can shape lines and still hold in the wind.

I personally love the workability of the Banshee. Plus it is always dependable in a headwind.

Predator.

:thmbup:

Another person throwing stuff from the dark side! Yeah, I wasn't sure on the Predator until I threw it into a strong headwind and it was just the ticket.

Depends on amount of wind and distance.

Teebird, PD, and XXX for mild headwinds, more distance, and big headwinds respectively.

Latest posts