• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best forehand driver?

zbyrd

Bogey Member
Unless a hole is less than 200ft, I drive forehand. I have been through lots of different drivers and different stabilities with mixed, inconsistent results. I can throw big flex shots with my Boss or Firebird and hyzer flips with my roadrunner. With that said, I haven't found a go-to primary driver. My DX boss worked for a while, but my strength and it's wear have made it so it just flips with any anhyzer angle. What works well forehand for flatter, less dramatic lines? For those of you who throw forehand, what is your go-to driver and why?

the monster is my go to forehand driver(rollers also)..the main reason is because it is super stable...i see alot of people throwing the flick by discraft for the same reason..they can take the snap and extra torque required...check out the charts for stability..

Well if you are looking for max distance I think you would not be disappointed by the X-Cal. I have found it to be a great FH driver. If you had not already been throwing the Boss I might have suggested the TeeBird or TeeRex but since you seem to have the arm for the faster discs I would go with the X-Cal.

I can throw the boss, but it's a stretch. I'd like to take a step back and worth with something a little easier to handle. Xcal seems like a nice choice because I tend to turn over discs that are much slower.

175 Champion Beast well worn; can throw a variety of forehand shots with this disc

I like the Star Starfire, especially after it's been broken in. Has a nice S curve and seems to be reliable for 300 plus feet.

I just got a Champion Groove and have only used it a couple of times, but I love it. Screams out of my hand and I can easily "tune" it's path by the wrist snap speed.

Latest posts