• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Best Innova Plastic

I tend to think that the star plastic beats in way quicker than champ. Also, I think pro and dx get better glide. They all have their places.

Depends on the disc, but I use a lot of star and champion. During certain times of the year I prefer one over the other. However, I putt with star aviars all year.

My Star discs have worn slower than my Champion discs. I've got a Star Valkyrie that I just love, though it doesn't have so much as a hangnail on it. It's all smudged and stained from dirt and such, but in terms of its shape, it's in perfect condition, while my Champion Valkyrie is gradually getting scratched and nicked over in about the same period of time. I tend to avoid the DX plastic because it feels fragile and cheap compared to the nicer plastics. If you lose lots of discs, DX will save you money, but I honestly don't see any other reason not to go with the high quality stuff.

i love star and champ almost the same. champion is my favorite because they seem to be the fastest and the most stable. star plastic is my second favorite since it is fast and grippy(thumbs up for the destroyer). the only cons to star plastic is that it beats in for a changed flight ( i usually buy discs that i like how they fly when new)and is the most expensive. i wish champion destroyers were easier to get a hold of.

I originally bought all of my disc in DX but they seemed to get beat up too fast, mostly drivers, so I made the change to pro and champ and i like the grip of pro and I like the flight pattern of the champ, I dont really notice a big difference between those and a star. DX for midrange and putters, Pro/Champ for drivers and fairways.

My Star discs have worn slower than my Champion discs. I've got a Star Valkyrie that I just love, though it doesn't have so much as a hangnail on it. It's all smudged and stained from dirt and such, but in terms of its shape, it's in perfect condition, while my Champion Valkyrie is gradually getting scratched and nicked over in about the same period of time. I tend to avoid the DX plastic because it feels fragile and cheap compared to the nicer plastics. If you lose lots of discs, DX will save you money, but I honestly don't see any other reason not to go with the high quality stuff.

That's crazy yo. My star destroyers flipped like valks after 2 mos while my champ destroyer still flies with a little stability after the same stretch with minimal tree trunkin'. Also, many locals have vocalized a similar pattern. Are you just trying to convince yourself?

star discs definitely age nay experience themselves much more quickly than champion plastic. i was a star-snob for a little while and realized that on wooded courses they break in much quicker than champion, but champion does seem to be more susceptible to knicks and dings but will hold their original flight line for many more rounds. i will say an experienced star disc, if you can adjust to its new line, does fly very well just not like its original form.

I'm just relating my experience, though I must admit I don't claim to be a reliable judge of how their flight characteristics are changing over time. My Champion Valk is much lighter than my Star Valk, which could account for its major flippyness, and I'm throwing with a lot more snap now than when I bought them, so there are too many variables in play for me to compare their "maturation" since they were new. On the other hand, I throw both discs a lot, and the Champion disc is showing a lot more marks on its surface.

is it true that dx is innova's longest flying plastic. if so is that also true for discraft's pro D

is it true that dx is innova's longest flying plastic. if so is that also true for discraft's pro D
For the most part. FWIW, the last two distance records were set using a DX Valk and DX Teebird. It kind of depends on the disc, though. For anything slower than a speed 9 disc it's a safe assumption that beat DX will fly the furthest with the most control. A beat DX disc will generally fade later and less than a beat disc in other plastics. That being said, I've had some of my longest throws with a Star Valk.

IIRC, the last records thrown with Discraft drivers were using X plastic. However, the ESP Flash has been showing up at distance competitions lately, too.

I like Innova Champion and Discraft X plastic. Not sure many discs beat a 172 champion valkyrie, no matter who's throwing (backhand).

Latest posts