• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Plastic for Rollers?

Best Plastic for Rollers?

• Total voters
Anyone have a flight path chart of discs thrown as a roller?

doubt it, rollers are almost entirely based on release angle and force behind them, way too many variables for a chart.

Yeah, I just want to know how much if any plastic type plays a part in selecting your roller disc.

Hmm, interesting thought, 2 different kinds depending on distance vs curves. What's your reasoning behind that?

In general, DX beats more and quicker than either Champ or Star. The more beat, the easier to turn, less beat it goes straighter. I love my beat Stingrays for those forehand rollers that you launch almost 45 degrees to the left of the pin and then it just circles the basket before nesting within a couple feet.

^ Thats what I've been saying boy. Understable turns/curves on the ground, Overstable is straight. Generally premo plastic is more stable or straighter. They typically go about the same distance but the understable is in the air longer, the overstable will roll on the ground longer. Although sky rollers with understable discs will generally have more distance potential, but they are not as predictable. Drivers will roll further than mids and putters since they are more gyroscopic.

Anyone have a flight path chart of discs thrown as a roller?

Now looka here son, the roller path is basically the the flight path mirrored on the ground.

Code:
Understable Roller RHBH: 
  /
 l
 \   <- typically hits ground at this point
  l
 /
^

Overstable Roller RHBH:
 /
l
l
l
l    <- typically hits ground at this point
^

Last edited:
I really don't have much of a roller game, but the discs I use are beat DX plastic for the way it flips over.

I will say that you can throw a roller with just about any damn thing you wish, but my favorite rollers happen to be in ESP and Star plastic. Though my Z Avenger SS gets a lot of rolling time as well.

Then again if I had a decent way or carrying it...I might carry a heavy Condor with me for rollers...gotta love some Condor...and those are DX.

So I chose esp/star in the poll because that's what I use the most, but anything will work as long as it's not too floppy. Blowflys don't roll for squat...unless you don't want them to...

\/\/

Latest posts