• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Putter

if your missing from 20-25 in and you like the shallow xd you might wanna try the cro i know its not a putter and itll probally go just as far past as the xd, but the cro is so money i dont really worry about missing from 20-25ft and since you dont have to throw as hard as a putter it rarely goes further than the putt you miss.

i started with a Putt & Approach, Aviar, then went Magnet for a little while...I loved the Tank I had after that (Ching) but alas, I lost it and wasn't able to replace it before they stopped making them...for the past 5 years or so I've been on Gateway's Wizard and then about 9 months ago I moved to the Warlock...I like it, don't love it...might try a Voodoo some time soon...i'm content with the Warlock SS for now

whats the difference between the wizard and the warlock and voodoo . ive had a few wizards and really like em but have the same problem with it as i do the goblin,omega ss and aviars they stick real good when i hit the chains but like to bounce out when i hit the pole. Right now im really liking discs like the cro and 1080 do the warlock and voodoo compare more to mid range type discs like these?

i haven't thrown a voodoo yet, but the Warlock is just a Wizard, without the bead around the rim

I've heard the voodoo flies similar to the wizard but with more resistance to turn over. I'm curious as to how the mold feels in hand.

Never threw a Warlock or Wizard, but for me the VooDoo doesn't flutter as much as a Pro D Challenger, especially in the wind. It holds the line. Profile seems narrower. Don't know if this helps, Omega. The VooDoo just felt right from Day 1. The day I played with a Magnet and a Voodoo, putting each from the same spot on each hole , the Voodoo was much more accurate for me, and it was windy. So I gave the Magnet to the Rec center as a loaner. Sorry Midnight. No disrespect meant to your icon.

Hopefully innova will come to their sinces one day and make a disc with a wide lip like a mid and the depth of a putter before i run out of money.

whats the difference between the wizard and the warlock and voodoo . ive had a few wizards and really like em but have the same problem with it as i do the goblin,omega ss and aviars they stick real good when i hit the chains but like to bounce out when i hit the pole. Right now im really liking discs like the cro and 1080 do the warlock and voodoo compare more to mid range type discs like these?
With something like that you'll have much better success by reevaluating your putting technique rather than searching for a magic disc.

Never threw a Warlock or Wizard, but for me the VooDoo doesn't flutter as much as a Pro D Challenger, especially in the wind. It holds the line. Profile seems narrower. Don't know if this helps, Omega. The VooDoo just felt right from Day 1. The day I played with a Magnet and a Voodoo, putting each from the same spot on each hole , the Voodoo was much more accurate for me, and it was windy. So I gave the Magnet to the Rec center as a loaner. Sorry Midnight. No disrespect meant to your icon.

I am just wishing you had sent it to me. I would have given it a good home.

I've heard the voodoo flies similar to the wizard but with more resistance to turn over. I'm curious as to how the mold feels in hand.

I have thrown a Voodoo once, and it dropped like a rock. I didn't like it at all. It is awful in the wind. They guy I was playing with who was throwing it, had a ton of "low putts" that hit the basket. Not the chains.

I have a Juju from ching that I really like, it's soft but not too soft and holds any line I put on it. The only problem is it does not fair well in windy conditions. It is one of those discs that people either love it or hate it, right now I love it but it may leave me scorned and I'll have to switch it up

With something like that you'll have much better success by reevaluating your putting technique rather than searching for a magic disc.
i know from reading on this sight and talking to other people on the course that im not the only one that has a problem with the wizard bouncing out . And why would i wanna stop being so accurate that i keep hitting the pole instead of just finding a disc that wont bounce out.

Not trying to bust your balls here but my putting is pretty money :) and i think subconciously i just keep trying to find a true putter so idont have to listen to all the you need a putter because all the pros use putters or thats what your supposed to throw crap. The reason i first looked at the cro was because id seen some other people using it as a putter and having alot of success and when i went to the store and felt how 20 something putters felt in my hand i didnt like how any felt, but the cro just felt right and once i used it i realized it loves the chains and the pole.

I have thrown a Voodoo once, and it dropped like a rock. I didn't like it at all. It is awful in the wind. They guy I was playing with who was throwing it, had a ton of "low putts" that hit the basket. Not the chains.

That's actually why it works so well in wind. It doesn't pop up like a wizard tends to.
Playing in wind is what made me change from a SSS Wizard to the Voodoo.

I guess a putter really just has to suit one's putting style.
For me, Aviars feel great, but they tend to be a bit too lofty after released.

I have a Juju from ching that I really like, it's soft but not too soft and holds any line I put on it. The only problem is it does not fair well in windy conditions. It is one of those discs that people either love it or hate it, right now I love it but it may leave me scorned and I'll have to switch it up

Agrred, I have it but it sucks in the wind. Carries real nice and great for approaching and low speed tomahawks

i know from reading on this sight and talking to other people on the course that im not the only one that has a problem with the wizard bouncing out . And why would i wanna stop being so accurate that i keep hitting the pole instead of just finding a disc that wont bounce out.

Not trying to bust your balls here but my putting is pretty money :) and i think subconciously i just keep trying to find a true putter so idont have to listen to all the you need a putter because all the pros use putters or thats what your supposed to throw crap. The reason i first looked at the cro was because id seen some other people using it as a putter and having alot of success and when i went to the store and felt how 20 something putters felt in my hand i didnt like how any felt, but the cro just felt right and once i used it i realized it loves the chains and the pole.
I'm just trying to save you time and money. If the disc is dropping when it gets to the basket there's very little chance of a bounce out. I've been putting with the Wizard for 4 years and can count the number of bounce outs I've had on one hand, and they happened becaues the disc was either still flat or rising when it got to the basket.

I'm currently using a pro Rhyno. Real soft and flexible. Good for short shots and approach, but the wind just tears the thing up. I'm looking for a putter that's better on distance and in potential wind. Preferably not an Aviar. I just never could like that disc.