• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best score to date

scotems1

Hi fellow chain bangers...my name is Scott Smith. Used to be an avid disc golfer a few years back when I lived in the Dallas area. Two years ago I had a very bad accident on a press brake at a steel plant I was working at....I got my throwing hand crushed and lost parts of my three middle fingers. I just recently said the heck with it and started playing again. Just wanted to thank Innova for the awesome driving technique videos on YouTube. I had been averaging about +3 or +4 on 18 holes. After watching the videos I put it to practice and shot a -3 and a -4 today!!!! I feel so much better about my game and am not going to let my injury get in the way anymore!! Also thanks to my fellow chain bangers for all the support!!!

Congrats for getting back into dg and throwing so well already. This exact same thing happened to a buddy of mine several years ago, he lost parts of a couple fingers from a press at a factory because he wasn't using the safety straps. Apparently the straps automatically pull back your arms when the press drops down but he felt the straps just got in the way.

Keep chucking plastic and welcome to dgcr.

Whoa! Good for you, man. You get the win for inspirational internet moment of the day. Keep up the awesome attitude.

Keep at it! That's inspirational as hell...It's like the respect I have for Django Reinhardt as a guitarist. Keep us updated on progress and welcome back!

DAAAAAAAAAAMN! As a member of the automotive industry, I'm all too familiar with my customer's production staff seeing these kinds of injuries. Sorry for your luck, but it's awesome to hear you're staying positive and still kicking life's ass! Like Corin Brown said, you win Inspirational Moment of the day!

Keep it up, and shoot well!

Latest posts