• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best season to play?

Best Seasons for Disc Golf

• Total voters
I've always loved early morning rounds at Morley dodging the sprinklers. It's the one time when you can really play the course without the waits.

Exactly--even though they are a hassle at times...dodging them is worth no massive crowds :)

Fall. The temperatures are comfortable (I love that hoodie-wearing weather) and the leaf colors are absolutely stunning in the mid-Atlantic states.

I love how chuckdisc will bring a good thread back to life :hfive:.

I don't have a preference for season/weather. I will take them all on!

Winter in Arkansas can be crazy, one day it could be in the 70s and storming, the next day it could be snowing and highs in the 20s with really low wind chills. This really wreaks havoc with allergies and health in general.

Spring brings the days of rain and varying temps ranging from humid 90s to dry, crisp, windy 50s. Pollen can also be bad in the spring.

Summers can be brutal if your not used to humidity. Nearly every day is extremely humid and highs can hit close to 105 with the heat index at or above 115.

Fall may be the best weather in AR. Temps are usually lower than in the spring, and usually there is not as much rain or storms. Sometimes late in the fall there can be days that are cold, dry, and windy, but a few days later it should be nice.

EDIT-I forgot to add that mosquitoes will come out in the middle of spring and hang around through summer and part of fall. Some places are worse than others, but generally, in AR you will have to experience mosquitoes.

Last edited:
Fall....allergies gone (or atleast fading away), cools off, foliage starts to become less dense (easier to find discs).

Gulf Coast-

Spring- not bad, muggy though

Summer- Don't Play. period. Random afternoon storms with 50Mph wins and hail. not to mention the Hot and Ungodly Muggy

Fall- Hurricanes. enough said

Winter- mild, predictable rain. cold occasionally, but nothing a light jacket can't fix. (My pick)

Summer, even though it isn't listed.

Best weather (I like hot weather, and hate cold), best tournaments, best time to travel, etc...can't say anything bad about playing year round, but disc golf is at its best in the summertime.

WINTER!!!!!

1. No bugs.
2. No people.
3. Snow is fun!
4. You can eat soup out on the course and feel like you're roughing it.

This! Especially with 2 feet of snow on the ground!!!

Lake effect snow FTW!!!!!

My Friend North of the Border said:
Do you even have a real winter?

Probably not according to Canuck standards, no. But we get real cold-like, and shiver, and have snow. :p

It ain't winter unless you gots 4 feet of snow and under -30 *degree sign* (Celsius). But that's cool that you can play disc golf in winter, I wish I could.

Edit: Glad you didn't put "My Commie Sympathizer Friend North of the Border" :p

It ain't winter unless you gots 4 feet of snow and under -30 *degree sign* (Celsius). But that's cool that you can play disc golf in winter, I wish I could.

Down here, 2' of snow is manly enough. It gets cold, but rarely that cold. Most days I played last winter were in the 20-33 degree range (Farenheit.)

Two winters ago we had a cold snap where it got to -12 degrees for almost a week, not counting wind chill.

Latest posts