• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Stool? Dynamic Disc or Innova?

CHAINSEEKER66

I am in the market for a new three legged stool, I have had two Innova stools in the past and have been pleased, but I noticed that Innova has theirs listed for $29.99 and Dynamic Disc has theirs at $34.99. They appear to be about the same stool. I know it is only $5 difference but is the DD version a better stool? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

It's not 3 legged, but this lightweight, aluminum Coleman Rambler is on sale for $10 at Kohl's... (less if you have a 10% - 30% off Kohl's coupon), and less than $12 most other places (Wal-Mart, Target). Most places offer free shipping to a local store for in-store pick up.
Kohl's
Wal-Mart
Target

• Compact, folding design
• Comfortable cloth seat
• Lightweight aluminum frame
• Roomy 15.5-in. seat
• Comfortable 17-in. sitting height
• Supports up to 225 lbs.
• 1-year limited warranty

I pretty much only use it when its wet, but I like it better than a tri-pod type stool for my Grip.

Last edited:
I picked up an Ozark Trail branded 3 leg stool from Dick's a few years ago. Basically the same thing as a camptime stool. I think I paid $12-15.

I used one of these at the last tourney I played. I looked funny, but I was comfy.
DUW2929_grande.jpg

Best stool I have found is the Walkstool. Its not cheap but will outlast any of the cheap $30 ones many times over. I bought one April of 2016. Best part is it compacts down to less than the width of most bags.
Link to Walkstool on Amazon

I used for years a 4 legged stool from Walmart that had issues from second time I used it onward. Now I use a Vertex fishing backpack for my disc golf bag no need for the stool https://www.amazon.com/Vertex-The-A...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QM9CN1V002SVR7MVBVPZ I did order a soft water bottle holder as it only had a single dry sack I use to hold a 22 or 25 oz bottle in it, no other big pockets or mesh pockets to hold the bottle either. The bag was $64 and the bottle holder was $10 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UDL7F8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71lCMNbNCYL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Best stool I have found is the Walkstool. Its not cheap but will outlast any of the cheap $30 ones many times over. I bought one April of 2016. Best part is it compacts down to less than the width of most bags.
Link to Walkstool on Amazon

Good gravy that is expensive. Maybe be well made, but that seems a bit much for disc golf use. Makes more sense for hikers/campers where they would be sitting for a more extended period of time and can't take the chance on it breaking while you are in the wilderness.

Good gravy that is expensive. Maybe be well made, but that seems a bit much for disc golf use. Makes more sense for hikers/campers where they would be sitting for a more extended period of time and can't take the chance on it breaking while you are in the wilderness.

I never use it hiking, or backpacking, only for disc golf but mine is 5 years old.. and still going strong ;)

Doesn't hurt that I'm tall, and for once I don't feel like I'm on a toilet when sitting on a folding stool

DD and Innova stools are the same, with both made by Camp Time. That said, whichever one you can find with the mesh seat is better than the solid canvas seat -- cooler and dries quicker.

Yup, Camp Time is really the gold standard for stools. Save the $5 premium from DD and put your own stickers on it.