• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Throw of the Week

iacas

* Ace Member *
On my golf forum (http://thesandtrap.com/) we have a "Best Shot of the Week" thread where people will post a brief story, a picture, etc. of their best shot of the past week. Oftentimes it's an eagle, an ace, their first birdie, etc. It's a long-running thread and every week you play you have a chance to add to it because EVERYONE has at least one good shot for the week.

So that's what I'm starting here.

What was your best throw of the week? Tell everyone about it.

I'll start. :D

I canned two 65-ish foot putts (with my Ion - I use that for longer-range "putts" than my Wizards) on back to back holes, so they combine for my "best throw of the week" at Moraine on Saturday. Shot 70 from the blues, and obviously would have been two or more throws higher if not for those two.

Both were for pars, and the second one (on hole 9) was from a straddle putt stance when normally my feet are almost in line with each other. I had to give it a little bit of an anhyzer because I was behind a tree and I didn't have room for my normal slight hyzer line (like I'd used on the previous 65-footer).

Both went in pretty convincingly - dead in the middle with little chance of blowing through or spitting.

I also almost parked it on 17, but that hole's just 258 so laying an Axis to 20 feet doesn't compare to making two putts from reasonably long range.

This needs to be stickied, I threw a pig thumber threw a tight gap over a deep pond from about 160 out and it landed under the basket for a par on like a 530 foot hole, it was at edmon orgil temperary set up, shot a 71 it was a suuuuuper long course!

parked this hole the other day drive was leaning against the pole.....forehand shot with a qjls...went around the trees to the right and slowly glided back towards the basket....i've parked this hole many a times but it was sooo windy saturday...i was truly impressed....and that's my best shot of the week
4.jpg:thmbup:

I was playing in Springfield, IL, and I hyzer-flipped my Lace out and landed it within about 20' from the basket on a 440' hole that has a descending away slope from the fairway towards the basket. Basically, if I hadn't placed it right where it hit, I would have skipped all the way down the hill and been left with a 60' (or more) birdie chance, or been completely blocked behind some trees.

I was playing in Springfield, IL, and I hyzer-flipped my Lace out and landed it within about 20' from the basket on a 440' hole that has a descending away slope from the fairway towards the basket. Basically, if I hadn't placed it right where it hit, I would have skipped all the way down the hill and been left with a 60' (or more) birdie chance, or been completely blocked behind some trees.

11 on the south course?

Well, I'll mention a couple of shots I thought were awesome, and they weren't even mine.

Playing in the Giles Run Handicapper on Sunday, longs to longs, person in my group teed off with a monster anhyzer on 16 that just kept going, and landed in the fairway. He followed that up with the biggest hyzer I've ever seen (felt like I was watching the space shuttle launch.) That hit within a few feet of the basket (unfortunately it rolled down under a tree, so he couldn't squeeze a three out of that 900+ foot hole.)

Personally, I was thrilled at the 3 I got on #9 in that tourney. Nailed about an 80 footer with a stingray, right around a tree.

I can dig this. Best Throw of the Week:
Hole #2 Tyler-
9f0d16f0.jpg

Basket in C position-
574b660f.jpg

C position is 372 ft. down the hill and off to the right. (Just realized the hole distances for this course are way off on this website). I throw a Drone off the tee, hit the gap and get a huge skip that makes it end up right under the basket. Best throw of the week for me :D

Last edited:
Not many shots to choose from, I've only thrown once this week at the Brickyard (Menomonie, WI), I'll go with the shot that luck was on my side - Hole 4, long to long. A beat dx teebird hyzer flip, really a poke and hope hole, but the anny route appears to be the most open. Hit the line, avoided all the trees, skipped off the top of the basket, hit the tree behind the basket for a 20' deuce putt.

Neat thread idea! :thmbup:

Personally, my most memorable shot this past week was while playing at my local course (Woodland Mound), and letting a father and his two young sons play through on hole three (mostly because they were playing faster, and ALL of them playing better, than me. My drive on #3 saw my River fly perfectly true for 250 feet to clank off the top of the basket, and I heard one of his boys exclaim, "woah!"

But I was more impressed with my friend Bob's two shots in the wind yesterday: he parked a drive 4' from the pin on the 366' downhill #10 at Simsbury, then later drained a beautiful 90 foot approach shot at Flat Rocks' #8. Two VERY different deuces! :clap:

a hole that had previously beaten me down for no reason, a 405ft wide open hole with a moderate right to left slope thorough-out. The wind plays a mysterious role for me, a lefty, and i usually end up turning the disc over and sailing it down the hill, even with fairly stable drivers. About 4 hours ago I finally was able to park it about 5ft away on the backside of the pin. Nothing special to most of you, but it was a big confidence booster.

I believe that's it. I just checked the course's pictures because I couldn't remember for sure.

That's a sweet hole to get a putt on. I usually just try to place my drive at the opening to the green to make the 3 easy on myself. Doesn't take much to turn that hole into a 4.