• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Bead Omega SS 2.1

steve a

* Ace Member *
I just ordered a couple today! Excited that I might be able to try out an all Millennium bag again. I never did care for the original SS.

Can you post a pic of what these look like?

It's that rounded bevel edge on the bottom of your precious Ions/rocs

Think of "bead" shape as in applying a bead of glue to something and letting it dry.

Does this mean that the small bead Omega is going OOP?

And are these really any different than JKs?

no omegas arent going oop
these will probably be similar to jks depending what top they used.
only DU or ebay has them
these are sort of a "test" run

Isn't there a difference between a regular BB aviar and an Aviar-X (aviar driver mold)? Thought I heard something once about a spacer being used on the Aviar-X mold.

I am sure that they will never duplicate the plastic for Omega ss big bead just like they cant with regular omega ss. Omega ss are craptastic now compared to older runs.

The Omega SS Big Bead is very soft while retaining the grittiness found in the 1.30-1.31 blend

It has less fade than a new Yeti, KC or JK. I suspect part of this is the soft plastic making it easier to torque. It holds hyzers and flat shots well, showing some decent LSS. really great for approach shots and honestly it reminds me a lot of the old 3x JK aviars, super floppy and great for just sitting down next to the basket. The grip is different from the 3x but its the closest I have felt to a super floppy BB like the old JKs in a long time. It won't glide forward and past the landing zone like some omega SS. Doesn't show much fade on anhyzer throws but its there.

It makes a great do-it all approach disc

Wow these are awesome! I got one from the MP and it flies nice. I throw omegas for putters and needed an overstable one. I don't like any of the big bead aviar plastic blends, and this fills that void. Thumbs up to the brains behind this idea!

The Omega SS Big Bead is very soft while retaining the grittiness found in the 1.30-1.31 blend

It has less fade than a new Yeti, KC or JK. I suspect part of this is the soft plastic making it easier to torque. It holds hyzers and flat shots well, showing some decent LSS. really great for approach shots and honestly it reminds me a lot of the old 3x JK aviars, super floppy and great for just sitting down next to the basket. The grip is different from the 3x but its the closest I have felt to a super floppy BB like the old JKs in a long time. It won't glide forward and past the landing zone like some omega SS. Doesn't show much fade on anhyzer throws but its there.

It makes a great do-it all approach disc

Hmmm..... Gotta try these since I have a stack of 3x jk's

Latest posts