• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

I think they've let their domain name expire:

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 13-Jul-2012.
Record expires on 05-Jul-2013.
Record created on 05-Jul-2007.

That's awfully dumb of them.

Looking at their last record, it looks like they're slackers on renewing their domain.

It bothers me because I always brag about the bag when people ask. I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for at least two purchases with a third planned.

Kinda got me thinkin... If they can't even handle keeping their website up or answering emails, what's gonna happen if the bag needs to be warranted for some reason. Doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in the company which I'd like to have if I'm gonna drop ~$200.

I can say that I got a response from John within a reasonable amount of time while going through the pre-order ordeal. I emailed him multiple times, and phoned him 2 or three times, and every time was cordial, professional, and well-received.

It sucks the website is down, but truthfully, it needed updated, anyway - wasn't the sharpest looking site. As for the emails/calls that have gone un-answered - could it be because it's Fourth of July week, and Am Worlds are going on? Just a thought...

Actually it might have to do with the Alabama state championships this weekend. John was playing there sporting a ergo2 prototype. It looks pretty sweet. The proto had true water bottle holders and bigger side compartments. The front pocket looks like a traditional putter pocket and the main compartment zips from the top down and around in a "U" shape. It looks like he's been paying attention to feedback about the bag. I don't know him personally but he was a real nice guy and very approachable. I'll probably be getting the ergo2 when it drops.

A weekend, or week for that matter, of disc golf is no excuse for a website shutting down due to not renewing the domain name.

I just want to tell my experience with the bag and the customer service:

Customer Service

I was a pre-order customer, so I was a little irritated about the delay, but John was very open with his communication. We had several conversations via email during the "dilemma". I never waited for a response longer than an hour or two. He was on point.

Since I have had the bag, we have had even more discussions - particularly about the quality of the bag. I sent him an email with some complaints and within hours I had a response. Within 2 days of the response, I had a new bag in the mail with upgrades. My new bag now has a 1650D Ballistic Nylon bottom instead of the pleather. I will also be receiving a proto Ergo 2 in the mail.

I have nothing negative to say about customer service. I have a hard time believing that anyone has had a bad experience as far as customer service.

The Bag

Things I like
•super comfortable. It took me a while to find the best setting for me, but once I did, this bag is practically weightless.
•the storage on the bottom of the bag is gigantic. It will hold more than anyone needs to carry
•holds a seat or an umbrella
•Lumbar support is extra comfortable (even though I don't use the straps, the extra padding is nice)
•new nylon bottom is waaaaaay better than the pleather. I can set it down without having to look for sticks, rocks, or other sharp objects.
•the rainfly is great. I actually used the hoodie the other day and it kept my head, neck, back, and bag all dry. I didn't care how stupid it looked, it worked.
•aluminum frame is sturdy and lightweight. An it squeezes the disc tight enough to hold them in without damaging/warping the discs.

Things I Dislike

•water bottles don't stay in very well
•bag tips on hills, luckily discs stay in (except for 1 time)
•the flap gets dirty when open
•the flap FLOPS every step i take, very annoying. I'm going to modify mine so it doesn't flop around.
•the handle on the back of the bag should be on the top. Weird design.
•if you carry water bottles, you can't put putters in the side pockets. I need water, so I haven't carried putters in those pockets at all.

This is my first backpack style bag. I'm definitely satisfied with the customer service, but I'd rate the bag and 7/10 - mainly because of the comfort. I hope the Ergo 2 has some better upgrades/modifications.

Ok so the site is back up. I sent John an email with a few questions which he responded to within 5 minutes. He was very professional and addressed all of my questions and concerns.
My confidence is definately restored.

Bags tip. Living in New England playing hilly and mountain courses it happens. My GRIP tips from time to time. My buddies ERGO tips from time to time. I don't think it should be a deciding factor in a bag purchase.

However, with the ERGO having the vertical disc carry, it is easily the lightest bag on the market. Big Hyzer could put a small counter weight in the bottom of the bag to keep it upright. The bag is so well designed it would still feel like you are carrying nothing.

I want an ERGO for the sake of my back. I generally play between 7-10 rounds a week. Sometimes on weekends I play 54 or 72 a day. This bag could be a life saver. Any unhappy ERGO customers want to trade straight up for a two week old GRIP??

Actually it might have to do with the Alabama state championships this weekend. John was playing there sporting a ergo2 prototype. It looks pretty sweet. The proto had true water bottle holders and bigger side compartments. The front pocket looks like a traditional putter pocket and the main compartment zips from the top down and around in a "U" shape. It looks like he's been paying attention to feedback about the bag. I don't know him personally but he was a real nice guy and very approachable. I'll probably be getting the ergo2 when it drops.

spotted in the wild? http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91844

Already posted this theory in the UB disc golf thread

Looks different than what John was carrying. That UB design looks real similar to what I designed for that contest physical flight had on the boards a while back.:\
D44C7B3B-B22B-49E3-9728-46B030A5B2C7-6099-00000A82FD0FB61E.jpg

The ergo2 (I'm not calling it this, it was embroidered on the bag) has the vertical storage with a open putter pocket on the front. It looked to hold about 4-5 discs in that pocket. The side pockets were the same design as the ergo just bigger. I would think it could hold a good bit more than a cellphone and wallet. The drink holders were more toward the front of the bag. Probably to help balance it more. The ergo2 proto did not have the mahal like side pockets that the UB has.

Looks different than what John was carrying. That UB design looks real similar to what I designed for that contest physical flight had on the boards a while back.:\
D44C7B3B-B22B-49E3-9728-46B030A5B2C7-6099-00000A82FD0FB61E.jpg

The ergo2 (I'm not calling it this, it was embroidered on the bag) has the vertical storage with a open putter pocket on the front. It looked to hold about 4-5 discs in that pocket. The side pockets were the same design as the ergo just bigger. I would think it could hold a good bit more than a cellphone and wallet. The drink holders were more toward the front of the bag. Probably to help balance it more. The ergo2 proto did not have the mahal like side pockets that the UB has.

Copy that.

/wild speculation

Curious if anyone out there is going horizontal with their discs? If so, how many you fitting?

Curious if anyone out there is going horizontal with their discs? If so, how many you fitting?

I tried, but it really ate into the storage space below. As a result. I am going vertical and can fit up to about 19 that way.

Hopefully someone else can chime in, but I think vertical is the way to go with this one.

Latest posts