• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Jerm's 39 at Eastway

I can almost guarantee that Big Jerm's round is more impressive than that. Eastway isn't exactly a monster of a course (it is par 54, after all), but it's certainly not a pitch and putt. It has a number of holes that are not very easy to birdie, and for someone to get almost all of them is very impressive.

This. Eastway was my least favorite course that I played last year on my grand tour of Charlotte, but it is anything but a pitch and putt. Big congrats to Big Jerm for an incredibly impressive round.

39 is really, really hot. 14 straight birdies is just dirty. For guys with that kind of power, all of the holes are very reachable. For the rest of us, 10 (402' uphill) and 12 (439' downhill a bit but on a tricky slope) don't get many birdies (only 9 birdies in 319 recorded rounds on DGCR combined).

That said, a guy in the middle of 765 rated round (71), hit # 3 for an ace during the same league play. During Jeremy's highest rated round, he was beat by two strokes by one of us mere mortals. Nice shot Byron!

^^ this. #10 and #12 are not easy birdies, gotta have big distance, and 10 is uphill, and 12 has a sloped green and OB.

Also, the pictures of Eastway on the course page are horribly outdated. :(

Actually, it's the total par for both rounds.

Each round has the correct par entered but it does not show it that way.

The system seems to default any un-played round to a ghosted 54.

The first round at Nest was par 58, so that's -4, plus today's -15 is -19.

I can't explain why or how the system does that.

Did you create a new layout code for round 2? Or did you not apply the new layout to the round ratings?

I'm almost sure that is exactly what happened.

He didn't get 2,3, or 4. Damn, he really didn't have much further to go to get the -18.

Latest posts