• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Money Skins

It's just a trash can fire, compared to the last time someone thought they could hire an outside video company and go their own way and hype the Next Great Thing.

Fair enough...I saw a comparison to ADGT earlier in the thread and yeah definitely a trash can compared to a dumpster.

*Is kilgus and his crew still around Cola, or did y'all run them out of town? lol

They sounded confident that the Pro Tour would agree. Came off a little arrogant, personally - I don't think the Pro Tour or the PDGA needs Eagles Crossing like the folks in the shop were making it sound, but time will tell.

Reading through some of the comments on this post made by the owner of Eagle's Crossing, he's more than "a little arrogant".

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Feaglescrossingdiscgolf%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0unXQa39d36UVhqUabC5Ckh2HUdyeaSnkx5MGD9QfdmYUc2eQQnogiZktofYBsZ7ul&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="616" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share

Last edited:
Fair enough...I saw a comparison to ADGT earlier in the thread and yeah definitely a trash can compared to a dumpster.

*Is kilgus and his crew still around Cola, or did y'all run them out of town? lol

Steve is still around. I'm not much involved in Columbia any more; Stoney Hill keeps me occupied, and health keeps me off the tournament circuit. Despite the Salient Follies, Steve's a good guy to have around.

As far as I know Chris isn't part of the community any more....but he really wasn't in the years preceding the ADGT, either.

A clear distinction between that fiasco, and the one at hand, is that the BigMoneySkins says they're working to issue refunds to subscribers.

Daily check in.

Still waiting....

Wonder how long this will take?

If you did the YouTube option it sounded like that might take a bit more. They didn't seem sure about how to refund a "subscription" after it was purchased since that goes through YouTube directly.

Never heard anything bad from players about how it was run on site, and they apparently pocketed $100K.

I've heard at least a few things over the past couple of days about it not being very well run on site. Not sure if anyone has gone on record yet, I'm guessing no because they'd like to be invited back for that money again.

Lots of stuff about not knowing where to go to check tee times (with the multiple websites they had going), tee times switching, scoring issues, not being communicated well how they decide who wins/advances each round, etc.

I'm going to guess that a lot of players didn't love how the seeding basically provided an incentive to do poorly early on so that you'd only have to beat 1 great player later, instead of 3 really good ones if you performed well. The seedings and the way those players were assigned to cards seemed odd.

Latest posts