• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Biggest Disc Golf Pet Peeve

jherges

I've been Disc Golfing now for a year or so, and i've seen some things from fellow disc golfers, some of which are pretty annoying. But i'm wondering from those of you with some experience, What is your biggest pet peeve out there on the courses?

RIGHT! I brought a newbie out to a local course yesterday, he threw his disc right out into the center of a pond with some guys watching behind us, they thought it was great to laugh hysterically and it really made the guy feel bad, kind of ruined his round.

RIGHT! I brought a newbie out to a local course yesterday, he threw his disc right out into the center of a pond with some guys watching behind us, they thought it was great to laugh hysterically and it really made the guy feel bad, kind of ruined his round.

What a bunch of clowns.

people who throw on to you and when you tell them they get mad like they did nothing wrong.

Disc thieves and people who don't return discs with the owner's contact information written on them, are a big pain. After that, I get most irritated by people who deface the baskets, tee signs, benches, or other stuff with sharpie markers, carve their names into stuff, etc., or who damage the course equipment or plant life on the course (except poison ivy -- anyone who kills poison ivy on a disc golf course is a friend of mine). The third most irritating group are the people who complain and criticize but refuse to get involved in the improvement efforts -- this applies both to people who complain about the course and about the local club.

People on this forum who do nothing but down talk others. They seem to forget that 10,000 + posts makes you look lame.

...well, that's really all of the internet. Empowerment by anonymity. Does that count as a disc golf pet peeve?

Farting on the teepad unless you are last. Seriously, we have to throw from there too.

Thats crappy of them. I love laughing at friends that go in the drink but that is reserved for those that ive seen make the carries.
Im glad i came up with more hippie dg influence than jocky db.

people walking forward after they drive even though there are 3 more people to drive, show some respect

dritball disc golfers...chuckers...whatever you want to call em...hatchet man logos on tee posts and baskets...fn hate juggalos/ettes!!

People on this forum who do nothing but down talk others. They seem to forget that 10,000 + posts makes you look lame.

...well, that's really all of the internet. Empowerment by anonymity. Does that count as a disc golf pet peeve?

110% agree.
That is all people do on here.

One pet peeve that gets me every time.

Being thrown on. I warned a group of guys that were at my home course that had dome it three times in one round. I picked up the first disc thrown, DX archangel, the fourth time, and blasted it into the woods. I was irate and in the end disappointed in myself. They got right in my face, we exchanged ideas and asked me to go get it. I refused and walked off. Talk about adrenaline city. Don't know how they didn't try to kick the tar outta me.

3.5 or 4 hour tournament rounds. A card of 5 rec women should never happen. For that matter, a card of 4 rec women should never happen.

Latest posts