• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Biggest Disc Golf Pet Peeve

Vocally negative (whiny and/or excuse making) players on my card in tournament rounds. I'm trying to enjoy myself and the camaraderie and play well, and they certainly dont contribute in any of those areas.

Disc golf thugs......almost like soccer hooligans or something.
Getting thrown on.
OVERLY slow groups.
People who litter courses.
DOGS ON THE COURSE, FU I dont want your dog chasing my disc.
People who smoke.....
People who throw multiple discs.
Groups that refuse to let you play through.
People who laugh at you across the course on a bad throw.

I think that about covers it all.

Long, stupid routines. I am not knocking a good, consistent routine. I'm talking about jabbing the air with your putter 30 times and then not even throwing the way you were practicing for like 25 seconds

The rec players that putt with damn near their back foot on their lie. I mean seriously people, what make you believe you can stand over or in front of your disc, turning a 15 footer into a 12 footer, and count your score as legit.

Learn the basic rules people, please!

/rant

people walking forward after they drive even though there are 3 more people to drive, show some respect

This happened to me at a tourney like 5 times by the same dude. Once he was on the back of the pad I would did it once and he yelled at me. I responded now you shouldn't do it either.

I also hate the guy with a nice putt and a miss but you tell em good run and they look at you like missing a 50 ft putt shouldn't happen.

People that complain about new players not following the rules, yet don't take time to explain them the rules they're breaking.

People who call "phantom" rules.

I mean if you are going to call a rules violation, at least make sure it is actually a rule.

Telling someone respectfully about an infraction (Leaning putt) during a tournament, and they respond with "It's not like I'm go to win".

Uncontrolled pets/children. I'm 100% all for bringing Fido and little Timmy along for a day of DG fun, but if little Timmy whines and gets in the way, or if Fido wants to try and eat my disc, there are going to be issues. Fun fact - I once met a woman walking her big ol' dog on a course in a park. We waited for her to pass and then threw. Out of the blue, the big ol dog came running back towards our discs. We raced to the discs and were able to distract him before he went from sniffing to munching, but as we were petting the friendly old beast, his nutty owner came shuffling up screaming that if we touched her dog she would "touch our faces". So add uncontrolled elderly folks to my list as well...

Player's who throw extras and don't warn you about the 2nd!

The other day I was playing myself and there was a group of two in front of me. I was on their heels since hole 3, and waiting for them to tee off by 4. Its one thing to not let me play through...especially if its only two people. They could have at least offered to let me play with them, I'm a nice guy. But here's the kicker, anytime they throw a bad throw they throw two discs...wtf.

We finally make it to hole 7, one dude goes in the drink and they finally tell me to play through. I'm glad they did because I didn't want to just throw on them. But then, they find the disc before I finish and they head to the next hole without finishing. So here I am waiting for them to tee off on hole 8 again...are you kidding me. They let me play through again and I just made sure she couldn't catch up.

That was my most annoying moment.

the misconception that tight wooded courses with virtually no real fairways are 'championship' or 'high level'

Cheaters. Either lying about their score, consistently not being on their mark, bending foliage out of the way, etc. How much must your life suck to have to cheat at disc golf in order to feel better

...so many pet peeve threads

Yep. This is the one that came up with a google search so I'm not going to make another.

I do feel inclined to add to it though because I have a new one.

Final nines when it's a fun, unsanctioned, already had two rounds and I've been getting burnt in the sun and 97 degree weather for 6 hours already type of tournament. Oh and no one is wise enough but me to bring extra water so being the friendly chap I am I let everyone fill up their bottle after the first round. It's been six hours. We had two rounds. We're not playing in open at an NT event. You don't need final nines.

I had plans with family at 4 I gave up my third place spot. I don't need the money and I'm not mad at all. I had fun and played fairly well. Missed winning a big ace pot four times by inches. I just don't see the point in having a final nine in a fun little 20 person non sanctioned tournament. /rant

Latest posts