• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bill Allen DGC, The Colony, TX 18 holes?

Sweetness cant wait for them to be done. Thanks for the tour. The Colony will move itself up a ton with this course.

Does The Colony get very busy on the weekends? I might play there tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning, and was curious...

Dont know. You should be at the mini at TL sunday morninb

Bet that will be changing here before too long

Wow...went out there this morning for the 1st time, and in a word it was 'confusing'.

Holes 1 and 2 are great.
There were no baskets on 3 or 4.
Played 5-7 pretty easily (7 was deceptively long because of the uphill factor)
Rolled over to tee 8 & it would've been a really great hole if we could find the basket. Played to basket 17 and made it a par 4. :D
Played tee 9 to basket 18...cool hole.
Had seen the basket for 10 while we were looking for basket 3, so we played it from tee 3. Lots of brush and a narrow path there. Made it a par 4 too. :D
Saw the cones for different pins but didn't get too far back into the woods. Path looked like it dead-ended.
Walked the main concrete path back towards tee 4, saw basket 14 out on the right, and played it from tee 6.
Was going to walk around to the back of the woods, but we'd had enough by then.

Overall it's a great course with lots of potential...can't wait for it to be finished. I'll play it often after it's finished. I really like the surroundings.

Updated signs will definitely help and I like the roundness of the teeboxes, although they could be longer. Signs need to be moved off the teeboxes too.

Cant palay the old course anymore really. As you said 3and 4 are gone. 8 an 9 are ow 17 and 18. The frontine is done except for 3 but it crosses over the bridge aftr 2, thats why you didnt see it

old baskets 5 and 6 are now removed, i will check tomorrow to see where they went, im almost certain they probably moved them to the new 3 and 5...i'll find out for sure by 6pm tomorrow

I though there was a basket already on 5

ok played tonight and baskets 3, 11,12,13 are the only ones missing...still handful of teeboxes not in, but that will be done later...still alotof work needs to be done and still a ton of grooming left to be done