• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BillyJackO's Form Adventure*

I've learned the off arm has a lot less to do with distant potential.
I disagree as a blanket statement. The off arm creates absolute havoc when it gets dragged behind the shoulder/butt/posterior.

The guy in the vid is not spilling the beverage keeping the off arm in front of the shoulder/anterior like KJUSA. He just doesn't make a swim move to maximize leverage.

Looking pretty good, just funky x-hop, feet really spread wide left/right, note how your right leg is pointed to the right, while everyone else right leg is extended vertical, driving more targetward.
attachment.php

Attachments

• bj hop 4 copy.jpg
    bj hop 4 copy.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 125
Buzzz 350' uphill. Full rips are fun, but my release off the hand his a little suspect. Rolling **** over when I get too excited.

Last edited:
1.possibly your wrist is getting higher than your elbow. when i tense up and try and do a full rip that happens to me and my throw ends up releasing anhyzer

wrist up too.jpg

2.your plant foot does this hop action. not sure the cause of that but its a thing

hop hop.jpg

3. drive foot (left foot) doesnt move to the right behind you

dfsfdsf.jpg

video on drill of movement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlyD1ynQrh4&t=207s

Same hole nearly 4 years apart.

Lightyears apart, but still so much work to do. I'm just trying to become more aware of what my body is doing when things feel right, and it's making it a lot easier to make corrections/stay consistent. I got a 404' tournament ace last weekend, and that would have never been possible without the work I've put in. Still riding the ups and downs physically and emotionally of trying to throw proper, but always trying to trend upward. Maybe I should do that with my putting too, lol

congrats on the progress and especially the ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel im in the same boat with the ups and down. i feel there is a silver lining in doing a movement wrong. doing a movement wrong you get a feeling, then when u correct that movement there is a new feeling. those two feelings can be used as when a bad throw occurs i can troubleshoot the feeling that happened to know what might need to be updated

I love this thread. Congrats on all your incredibly hard work over the years.

I love this thread. Congrats on all your incredibly hard work over the years.

Thank you man! That means a lot. I'm still a work in progress, but it's undoubtedly come a long way. The biggest tool I've gained from this long process is to listen to my body. I recently broke through a low spot but started throwing nose up again. It was easier to make a tweak to my shoulders and follow through to get the nose back down than wallowing in defeat.

It's amazing how much easier it is to make progress when you're realistic with your ability. The mind wants to only congratulate itself for the good rather than focusing on the bad, and that's a hard mindset to get out of to make true progress. As an update, I'm pretty consistent in the 425' range, but can hit 450-480' when I'm feeling good. I know I've got more in me, but I think I have some physical limitations, so I've committed to working out regularly this offseason, and I hope it translates into next year. Moving to Austin and playing in Open has been a huge benefit to my goals and motivation. The guys I'm playing with are 1000 rated, and I can see where I need to get to to compete with them.

I've read through your thread multiple times, and it's probably been just as helpful to me as the old Slowplastic tome.

Congrats on all your improvement man! Can't wait to see it keep going!

So I'm starting to hit a next gear. After a short relapse of trying too hard, I reminded myself to push the disc out wide and pull straight, and I've suddenly been hitting unknown distances. I played with a local pro from Akron this weekend and he was telling me how weird and effective my tempo looks. He said it looks like I'm going fast, really slow, fast. This tells me I probably need to slow down even more when I'm starting my run up, but it felt good to have someone say it looks effortless.

I don't think you really turn back against anything so there is no leverage. You need to turn back more into/against the back leg.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hinge back deeper into rear hip with shin/knee more vertical over ankle - buttwipe/inside swing drill, swivel stairs. Your shin is angled to the left over your toes too much and falling over to the left losing leverage/coil.

Latest posts