• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie bags

KyNitro

I have problems with my hands sweating when it's hot and humid out like it's been lately,and I have problems with the disc slipping. Would a birdie bag help more than a towel? I try to keep my hand dry but at times it still slips

I love my birdie bag on humid days and rainy days too.

I live in the armpit of Texas....its almost always 75%+ humidity. I always carry a birdie bag.

I've never needed one. It can get pretty hot/humid here too.

I don't wear a glove to play golf, though, either. I guess I just don't sweat much in my palms/hands.

Yes birdie bags help but last weekend it felt so humid that they didn't work well enough. Even after drying off the disc and using the bag on my hands and disc they still felt like slipping. That being said I keep at least one in the bag and use it all the time. I also used a bottle of grip cream made by prince (tennis). It looks like hair gel. Just spread a dime amount of our hand and then it air dries in 10-20 seconds. They turn white but they will be sweat/water proof until it gets rubbed off in a few holes and it doesn't cause as much grip lock as powders and dirt.

Old sock and climbers chalk works as good for me and lasts much longer. You can even mix it with some sawdust or double the sock to reduce the amount applied. Keep it in a baggy, crown bag, or "whatever" to keep it off your bag.

I'm one of those people who sweat in a snowstorm, so birdie bags are really helpful. During the summer it is always stupid humid as well and I'm generally sweating by the 2nd tee.

I tried a homemade bag and it was ok. Picked up one of the legit Birdie Bags from Marshall Street and it works very well. It was actually cheaper vs my homemade that I picked up from my local guy in a van selling disc. It came in a Ziploc bag and that's what I keep it in.

For reference:
http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/9537/Birdie-Bag-Large-Blue/

Latest posts