• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Streak

Johnson St

Two weeks ago at Johnson St (mookys cup) I birdied 10 in a row and finished 13 down from the whites. Could have been more actually.

5............Holes 12-16 at Joralemon, during round 3 at the 2012 NY State Championships.

Had a look at 17 but didnt hit it. Birdied 18 and 19.
If you've played the course, you'd know this is one tough stretch of holes.

Last edited:
We use a points-based system in our local League.

1st place = 5 pts
2nd = 4 pts
3rd = 3 pts
4th = 2 pts
5th = 1 pt

We added BIRDIE STREAK as a way to earn Bonus Points. If you birdie 3 holes in a row you get 0.5-point, and for each consecutive birdie after that you get another 0.5-point. So 5 birdies in a row would give you 1.5 bonus points.

There are other bonuses as well but thought I'd point out the birdie streak. Fun!

I have birdied holes 1- 11 at Veterans Park here in Florence. On the remaining holes I had only one more birdie but had two bogies. Finished the round -10. Have shot -11 there before.

8 at a pitch and putt, just can't freaking get all 9 at once, ticks me off.

on a real course its 6 or 7 I think. (using real pars, not inflated course pars, using course pars its about 15 with a couple eagles as well, haha, but that counts as much as a cubby ace does)

8 in a league event (possibly more casually, I don't really keep track)
Mineral springs park, River Rock DGC in Owatonna is one of the better 9 hole courses I've played, 2 sets of tees offer a variety of challenge/distance. Now you'd think I strung my birdies together on the front 9 (short tees), I started on hole 3, by the time I got around to hole 1 I only had 1 bird, then I hit hole 2 short (395') and 3-1 long. 3 and 4 are often gimme deuces, 5 is a tough line, but a fairly easy one, 6 I rarely see deuced, I've only hit it maybe one other time, 7 361 up a very significant hill, I've maybe hit only 1 other time, 8 is 'easy' if you can work the fast green (I blew by 100' and nailed a long one out of the shule), 9 plays about 320 with water immediately behind the basket, and 1 is a low ceiling double creek crossing. I followed that up with a bogey on 2 to finish -8 beating some of the highest rated guys in MN, but still took second to a local at -11.

5 in a row. Hole 13 to 17 at NE Coachman Park from short pad during 2011 Fun-N-Sun. -11 for a round (24 holes), 992 rated. My best round so far.

I went on a 9 hole birdie streak at Highbridge Hills Granite Ridge from hole 9 to 17. Ended up with a 48, probably the best round of golf I've ever played.

8, twice

Forest Lawn in Calgary, Holes 5-9 and 1-3 (I started on Hole 4). Shot a 19 on the front nine, then proceeded to just shoot even on the back.

And more recently at Baker Park in calgary, holes 11 to 18. Ended up with a 43 being my lowest score on 18 holes ever. Pretty proud of that one since there was a fair bit of snow on the ground and was playing in winter boots/clothing.

7 in a row. #'s 11-17 at Boone Woods Park in Burlington, KY.

8, if getting an ace in the middle doesn't ruin it :D i was -9 after 8 holes! short to short at schumaker pond in MD.

Pitch and Putt I've nailed 8 birds in a row at a local course that I know very well. I've done that about 4 times, and I've nailed 7 in a row there 5 times as well.

My best on a true championship course was 6 in a row - The first 6 holes at La Mirada Front about 4 years ago. I was on fire that day! I think the round came in at -6 overall (ironically?)

What is your longest birdie streak and what course was it on and which holes?

My Answer: 7 - Holes 7-13 - Ferry Park, Ft. Walton Beach, FL

That course is REAL hard to get birdies at ;) hard because you over shoot each hole with your putter...

i birdied 1-10 at an ice bowl a few years ago at Arcadia Lake blue course in OK. I have prob. done better casually as I've shot 17 down out there more than once.

I hit the first 8 on the local PnP. Shot -12 on the day. League night at the same course a few days later and I threw E. Oh well, it's all in fun right?

You guys could make another thread like this one with:
"What's your longest bogey free streak" (# of rounds)
Or one for the putters:
What's your longest practice putt streak :)

My longest would be 9 at my local 9-hole course, Willow Stream Park. That's where I learned to play and have been playing for over 10 years, so most of the holes are automatic.

As for non-home course streaks? Hard to tell, I don't keep track of every round. I'd have to say probably 7 at the short Standing Rocks course up in Wisconsin. Not sure.

At a short 9 hole course in the Chicago burbs I hit 20 in a row, the last 6 of one round, all 9 the second round and the first 5 the third round.

Latest posts