• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birthday Bag Trilogy Only

Katana Pro

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG almost 2 years. A lot the past few months.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH and RHFH equally.
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: No driving with putters; Fugitive: 220/260'; Katana (RHBH): 320/350', Crush: (RHFH) 300/330'.

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball
Additional Information: I throw just as far BH as I do FH but I just recently started throwing RHBH off the tee and I already throw pretty far after just three weeks at it. I used to only use it for midrange shots. I play at very windy courses depending on what time I go.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Too much to choose from. I need help straightening it out.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I am trying to get an all trilogy bag. My birthday is coming up and I am trying to rebuild my bag using just DD, Westside, and Latitude 64. This is just preference.
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in my distance. Accuracy is also a problem. Also I would like to not depend on the RHFH for turn over shots on the tee.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
Purchasing 170 River/GL, (New) - annys that don't come back
168 Crush/Z, (Used) - FH
171 King/Tournament, (Slightly Used) - Max distance fade shots
174 Opto Saint, (New) - Great distance for control
174 Tournament Northman, (New) - Go to driver Now
Purchasing 174 Havoc/ GL, (Used) - Max D

Mids:
168 Lucid Fugitive, (Slightly Used) - Turnover shots
Purchasing 175 Truth (New) - Off the tee straight shots
Purchasing 170 Verdict (New) - Big Fade shots off the tee.
174 Lucid EMC Truth (New) - Short spike hyzers over obstacles.
Purchasing 170 First Run Suspect (Slightly Used) - Go to short mids

Putters:
174 RFF Wizard, (New) - Main putter for fade
174 Proton Anode (New) - Main putter to go with the wizard

I would like to change out the crush (FH) and both putters for trilogy disc but don't know which ones. Also if I need any new discs or there are better discs at those spots I can get them in two weeks. I have the DD in Lewisville so I will be going there to purchase. I currently do not own three of the mids or a couple of the drivers but I will be getting them.

Ok just some advice: not trying to be a jerk as I only throw 350 consistently and 375 max so hightest speed i carry is a volt/inertia combo. But if your having problem with accuracy its definitely throwing the 11-13 speed drivers at your distance, I'm assuming your probably having them fade out early if your throwing a katan at 320-350 ft power. IF your trying to go all Trilogy this would be my take till your getting your drivers 375 or 400 and maybe get an 11 or 12 speed

Drivers:
Escapes 1 fuzion max weight and 1 lucid: great for BH
XXX GL and opto: flicks and thumbers
River: turnover

Mids:
Verdict
Truth
Fugtivive

Putters:
Whatever you want I've heard good things about judges and pures

Ok just some advice: not trying to be a jerk as I only throw 350 consistently and 375 max so highest speed i carry is a volt/inertia combo. But if your having problem with accuracy its definitely throwing the 11-13 speed drivers at your distance, I'm assuming your probably having them fade out early if your throwing a katana at 320-350 ft power. IF your trying to go all Trilogy this would be my take till your getting your drivers 375 or 400 and maybe get an 11 or 12 speed

He does have a point there, it will be reccomended to throw slower speed discs to help further improve form and technique thus being able to throw further, more accurate, and so on. Keep that in mind.

As for putters check out the pure, warden, judge, or sinus. They are all good putters and would be fine replacements.

You're not a jerk at all. I totally agree with you. That's why I put so many mids in my bag. I am in college and rarely have money to blow so this is my time to stockpile. I am going to focus on my control with my mids like I should have from the beginning. I am just going to have those in the bag for when I think I am ready for them. I just got back from a round and other than my crush, the truth was the fastest disc I threw. Thank you for the feedback.

Also even though I have played for 2 years I am not really in the know for special discs. Is there any disc that anybody would recommend buying just because it is an incredible disc that is a one of a kind? Not rare necessarily. Just like a teebird or something that no other disc captures those flight characteristics. Thank you.

You have to get a Harp, they are fantastic little OS tweeter discs. And flick under 250 is in the bag with that one.

A more stable driver like a Sythe, Stiletto or Giant might be a good complement as well.

So I'm thinking of getting a harp or suspect now. And then definitely a scythe, xxx, and escapes. I can't find anything bad about any of those putters so I'll probably just have some in mind and when I get to the store I'll feel them up and select a few I like.

If I were you I would get the suspect over the harp b/c i feel it would give you a little more versatility. Also if you want a driving putter the Opto pure is probably the straightest disc i've ever thrown its amazing and lots of glide. never thrown a scythe but the xxx and escapes are definately some of trilogies best molds. sounds like you have a good idea of what to get

XXX for utility overstable shots.

Fuse makes a great understable/turnover midrange.

For putters, go with what feels good. I love a Judge but Pures are popular too.

The Suspect is my favorite disc for shorter midrange shots and most approach shots. I didn't care for the Harp quite as much, but it's personal preference. The Harp is shorter than a Suspect with an earlier fade.

Yeah. I do think I need an understable mid because the suspect is too short. What about a spike to fill that tweener spot?