• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bloomberg gets it wrong

I don't understand how they could be so wrong. I manage a Play it Again, and I know for Play it Again sports around and the country Disc Golf is the fastest growing category in the country. I see it on the courses too, I almost long for pay to play just to clear out the rift raft.

sounds like a clickbait article and she gets paid off of number of people who view her "article" ... and it seems to have worked well for her

yup... i used to do this type of work so here's how it works in 10 steps

1. procrastinate all day just ****ing around
2. decide you actually have to write something
3. come up with some attention grabbing idea
4. spend hours finding just the right headline and cover photo
5. spend 5 minutes researching (googling/wikipediaing) "facts"
6. spend 5 more minutes writing the article
7. publish
8. plaster it all over social media so you get the hits
9. drink heavily
10. repeat

Does infinite discs have a good civil suit here? I say yes. The peanut gallery says no. I say multiply the number of views by a moderate sized golf bag (30 discs) worth of discs and sue for that much.

5. spend 5 minutes researching (googling/wikipediaing) "facts"
6. spend 5 more minutes writing the article
7. publish
8. plaster it all over social media so you get the hits
9. drink heavily
10. repeat

NEWS! (see what I did there....... :| :| :|) F me.

:hfive:

I really like the backlash that the disc golf community has given to this article. But the truth is, everyday there are lots of pieces that are written with inaccuracies. This is a prime example of 'Don't believe everything you read/hear'(which IMO, is about 80-90% of the stuff that comes out of Bloomberg). Accountability in this country, is an endangered species

wow that lady is a brilliant troll...all of the disc golf folks clicking on that have probably guaranteed Bloomberg thinks she is a genius, so much more traffic to that article than there ever should have been.

Thank you. I came here to say this exact thing.

Why can't it be enough that we know disc golf exists and we enjoy it? Why do we need so much validation all the time? I honestly wonder if this attitude - not the pot smokers or lack of ESPN coverage or whatever - is really what is "holding the sport back."

If we're really going to get this riled up, then start ragging on "journalism" on a message board, maybe we need to lighten up a bit. No need to be defensive, just go out and be confident that you're having a good time.

Great post! I get tired of listening to all these new players and their "gotta grow the sport" mentality wanting bigger, richer tournaments. For a majority of us, disc golf is a hobby. We all have jobs, family, etc. that take priority first. Disc golf "blowhards" are a major turnoff to new players and old players. Just enjoy it and the time you have to play it!

We all have jobs, family, etc. that take priority first.

Ummm, nope.

I do have a 31 year old parrot I would take as many par + fours as necessary to make sure she's healthy & happy.

Does infinite discs have a good civil suit here? I say yes. The peanut gallery says no. I say multiply the number of views by a moderate sized golf bag (30 discs) worth of discs and sue for that much.

Hahaha! That's a great comment. That would be a quick way for us to earn a buck, wouldn't it.

I saw the article, and to the average American, they may agree. To the average disc golfer, the writer needed to do some homework. But to more of us, we see that the disc golf community has given quite a rebuttal. In the end, more good than harm was done.

So while the number of views times 30 discs would be a lot of money... we'll just settle for the fact that Business Week is losing credibility, and disc golf is gaining popularity.