• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blue Ribbon Pines Hole 10

Mammoth

I'm curious how others throw on this hole. It's the one the has the 90 degree right turn. I think this is the worst hole here. I have been just throwing my putter to the bend, then 2 putting. Have been taking some bad rolls which leaves me with a crappy second shot.

Sky anhyzer kinda shot or upside down FH flick.. it takes the right disc (slower flippy) to get the p prefect line but really not that hard once you have the shot and hit the gaps. Also cut rollers work and will ride the logs lining the hole if thrown with the perfect touch.

As said above, sky anhyzer with a flippy mid or putter and hope for the best. If you get lucky and get through, you'll have a putt for deuce. If you don't get through, the upshot usually isn't too difficult.

this is the first hole i remember walking up to and just stopping, wondering what i was supposed to do.

i flick lefthanded but throw normally RHBH. -____- that sky anny is not an option for me; i can't control very well when i throw like that - usually just throw to the corner and run the basket like you do.

first thing i said when i saw it - "what is this, a minigolf course?"

Definitely a strange hole... but not bad by any means. 9 & 10 are a nice little break before you get back to the brutality of BRP. I like how polarizing this hole is. I mean... you can take a 3 or just as easily find yourself staring down a 5.

When I first approached the hole, I thought it looked ripe for a high overhand tomahawk that bends to the right and (hopefully) nestles right down in the main green area... My success rate with this shot was not too great. Others in my group were trying little rollers with putters, or just straight up playing the first shot like a jump put, 2nd shot like a jump put... and taking a 3 and moving on.

I used to lay it up and take the two-putt three, but I played there last weekend and flicked my RFF Wizard on the "drive". It got me just enough to make a longish putt for a birdie. :thmbup:

I love and hate this hole.

RHFH something slow and overstable. Gator works well. Unless I throw it too far out instead of up it works well.

When I played with a LHBH player who is really solid, he skyed a ESP Comet and parked it. It just went high and slowly hyzered. I go with my overstable magnet

i parked my firebird and my exp1. i am feenin for an ace on that hole. i throw a flick super high. and let it ride the hard fade. usually nestle up close for a birdie putt

When I played with a LHBH player who is really solid, he skyed a ESP Comet and parked it. It just went high and slowly hyzered. I go with my overstable magnet

Was that me? Lol

Worst hole on the course, by a mile.

I threw a breeze when I played there. Went too wide And kicked left. It's one of the tougher sub 200 holes I've played.

Standing on the right front of the teebox, my right foot on with my left clearly off the pad but still in a legal position, I sky anhyzer a Z Hornet and it slices through the mando and the trees above the shrubbery but below the pine branches. 9 times out of 10 it is clean enough to be putting for a birdie (that does not always mean I make it). 3 out of 10 it is an ace run. I have played this course enough where through trial and error I have discovered the right power, angle, and everything to almost always count on this being a 2.

BRP is my Home Track as I live 5 miles away. I throw my Magic on a sky Anny usually. I think they should remove a few pines to make a legit gap as there are too many close together trying to hit a gap up there is based quite a bit on luck. With a line to the hole maybe 8-10 feet wide I think it would make the hole much better. I followed Will S and his pro group at the MM last year and I think only one birdied it. I really think luck is too much of a factor and removing a few trees would be better.

BRP is my Home Track as I live 5 miles away. I throw my Magic on a sky Anny usually. I think they should remove a few pines to make a legit gap as there are too many close together trying to hit a gap up there is based quite a bit on luck. With a line to the hole maybe 8-10 feet wide I think it would make the hole much better. I followed Will S and his pro group at the MM last year and I think only one birdied it. I really think luck is too much of a factor and removing a few trees would be better.

I am going to preface this by saying that I am far from even being considered a local pro, but I have played it enough times to know that there is a gap there that can be hit on a routine basis. Most of the time when I do hit a tree, it is late and only affects from where I will take my long putt.

I more than concede that playing it for the first time that this gap may seem non-existent and thus will require a tremendous amount of luck, but once you find it the first time and remember how you threw it, you can hit often enough to give you a birdie most of the time. There is no need to remove any trees or alter the hole.

This hole definitely gives the locals a better chance at finishing well in a big tournament, as it should be, but more importantly this hole demonstrates how important line shaping is and how important it is to minimize damage to your score if you do not think you have a certain shot.

I am going to preface this by saying that I am far from even being considered a local pro, but I have played it enough times to know that there is a gap there that can be hit on a routine basis. Most of the time when I do hit a tree, it is late and only affects from where I will take my long putt.

I more than concede that playing it for the first time that this gap may seem non-existent and thus will require a tremendous amount of luck, but once you find it the first time and remember how you threw it, you can hit often enough to give you a birdie most of the time. There is no need to remove any trees or alter the hole.

This hole definitely gives the locals a better chance at finishing well in a big tournament, as it should be, but more importantly this hole demonstrates how important line shaping is and how important it is to minimize damage to your score if you do not think you have a certain shot.

While I agree there is a gap I do think it is rather narrow, what 5 feet wide or there abouts (my preferred line). I would say I make birdie around 50% of the time and I play there once a week.

For players playing it the first time many of them say it is the worst hole on the course (read the reviews). While I dont agree with them that its the worst and a bad hole I think that making a line a bit wider to the basket would vastly improve the experience for first timers plus make luck less of a factor. Anytime you can increase the chances for a skilled shot and remove luck I believe it improves the hole.

I know when I play a course for the first time that if there isnt a reasonably wide enough line to throw a shot to make birdie I would consider it as a badly designed hole (unless it is very difficult and a par hole which do exist though rare). If you first see the hole you may think to just lay up and try the 50 footer which if I played it that way I would be disappointed.

Latest posts