• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blue Ribbon Pines Hole 10

This hole definitely gives the locals a better chance at finishing well in a big tournament, as it should be, but more importantly this hole demonstrates how important line shaping is and how important it is to minimize damage to your score if you do not think you have a certain shot.

I completely disagree with the part of your post I bolded. Good course design shouldn't require being a local to score well, it should reward the best shot making not the most practice on that particular course.

Was that me? Lol

Worst hole on the course, by a mile.

I can give you a compliment and you still aren't ever happy :p

I would say that is in the sentence for worst holes out there with holes 14, 15, 23. I know that nobody likes hole 26 either except me, especially the leftys

Is a meteor too fast? Ive been throwing it pretty well lately.

First time I went there this year I tried a forehand flick and hit the mando tree and skipped left. Not the play.

Second time I actually sort of snap putted directly to the logs at the turn and had a chance at 2. Ended up with a 3 though.

Last time I used my Meteor and without much power anny'd it pretty well past the mando tree. Had an ok chance at 2 but still took a 3.

It's a tough call and I haven't seen anyone I've been with get a 2 on it but I think I'll stick with a meteor anny. I feel like it's my best bet unless I need to play super safe and lay up for a for sure par playing doubles or something.

I throw a high anhyzer RHBH (with a GLIDE, M4, ROADRUNNER) or high forehand (FLICK, D1, CRUSH) I have ended up pretty damn close to acing it 3 times, usually lay up for 2.

I know when I play a course for the first time that if there isnt a reasonably wide enough line to throw a shot to make birdie I would consider it as a badly designed hole (unless it is very difficult and a par hole which do exist though rare). If you first see the hole you may think to just lay up and try the 50 footer which if I played it that way I would be disappointed.

This was how I felt when I played it last week. I'll concede that there could well be ways to birdie it consistently. But yeah, at a glance it looked like a lame hole to me.

This was how I felt when I played it last week. I'll concede that there could well be ways to birdie it consistently. But yeah, at a glance it looked like a lame hole to me.

While I admit that it is rather small, there is a line where you can consistently put yourself in a position to get a birdie. Some putts have been longer than others, but I have had plenty of ace runs as well. Two metal hits, but no aces yet.

Latest posts