• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blue Ribbon Pines September 15th

osborne

Par Member
Hello all, I am going to be traveling to Minneapolis on the 15th of september. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me around the course.

Sure, I played BRP on Monday. It's a great course, but not like....mind blowing great. Its good. Not much elevation, Thety took out one hole...don't know why....but its still 'good' I like to play it once a month or so

Sure, I played BRP on Monday. It's a great course, but not like....mind blowing great. Its good. Not much elevation, Thety took out one hole...don't know why....but its still 'good' I like to play it once a month or so
What hole did they take out?

You KNOW you live in a good disc golf town when you are calling a place like BRP just 'good.' MSP is just outrageously stocked with quality courses.

What hole did they take out?

You KNOW you live in a good disc golf town when you are calling a place like BRP just 'good.' MSP is just outrageously stocked with quality courses.

So true. I miss living there just for the disc golf. Kaposia was my 'home' course, for god's sake...

How long does it take to play Blue Ribbon? I am landing around 8 am and would like to play a round then go to the twins game if I can. Not sure if there is enough time to get a round in and the game in. The game is at 230 I think.

If you're not dragging your feet you can get through it in less than 3hrs. But even so you'd be cutting it close. Say 15-30 min to get out of MSP. It's around 1.5hrs driving from MSP to BRP to Target Field, around 3hrs at the course. And that's all counting on your plane being on time, short rental car line or your ride showing up.... basically a trip free of what-have -you. If you want to golf and see the game I would suggest playing Kaposia, The Valley, Bryant lake, etc on arrival day and make the drive to BRP it's own deal. If your schedule will allow it of course,

Wouldn't waste the money and/or time. Team is terrible.

Take a stadium tour if you want to see Target Field.

Play more courses! ;~)

And Joe Mauer is out with a concussion. Play more courses.

I should be around that day if you are looking for someone to play with. I'm still relatively new but have played almost all of the big courses in MSP. Didn't realize how lucky we were until I was looking at other cities - I may have to drive 20 minutes in any direction to get to a great course but there are plenty to choose from.

I'd think you'd be cutting it close for the game and the round that day but it's not impossible. Kaposia is tougher in my opinion but could take less time just because it's closer to the airport and Mpls.

I live right by the airport and haven't played the Fort Snelling course yet - which is between me and the airport. So if you really want to play something quick before the game that wouldn't be a bad bet.

Shoot me a PM and I'm happy to hook you up with info or meeting for a round.

Thety took out one hole...don't know why....but its still 'good' I like to play it once a month or so

During the time that 8 was under construction the island hole was always in play.

Magestic layout combined 5&6 into 1 hole and kept the Island hole in play.

This layout has 5&6 as separate holes, hole 8 is back from construction, and Island hole is currently out of play.

So knowing I am flying in that sunday are there closer courses to the airport I should hit up instead of making the trek out to BRP straight away?

yeah any of them really.. lol BRP is the furthest north of the TC area you can get while still being in the burbs (kinda, even BRP is in the sticks)

Fort Snelling is right on the MSP grounds, Bryant lake/hyland are west side south Mpls courses very close by as well as all the st.paul east side courses from Lakewood to Kaposia.

Quickly summing up:

BRP has no elevation, although some baskets and or tees are elevated to artificially create some

Being 27 holes is a huge plus in making it premiere

It is playable year round, and is in great shape year round. Best winter course ever.

Group rounds run from 2.5-4 hours, solo rounds can be 1 hour if groups allow you to play through and you can stay in the fairway. If not so lucky, plan on 1.5-2 hours, almost always closer to 2.

Whether by design or accident, the trenches are at the perfect distance to always be in play. Going in is not a foregone conclusion, but be prepared

Pay to play, but you see where the money is invested

You will throw almost every shot you have at some point in the round

Par fluctuates from 84-89 depending on layout. Depending on your skill level, even in the mid 90s is a decent round. There are numerous holes where it is not simply drive, up, and putt.

Hole 10 is not a horrible hole, especially if you know where the line is. It is a great equalizing hole that will allow those to gain back strokes if again they know where the line is and you play a solid enough game where you can routinely hit it. Even if you do get it, you are just as likely going to give it back up again on Hole 11.

Getting up and down Highway 65 is a nightmare, especially if the lights are against you and there is a lot of traffic.

Bring bug spray and plenty to drink. The snack shack is manned during busier days, but if not, you are going to be wishing you had brought something.

The fairways are fair, maybe even a little generous by a wooded course's standards, but always scout ahead and see where the basket is. While the majority of the fairway is always visible from the tee box, normally the basket is not.

Bring a camera. Hole 4 is the most pictured hole of any course I can think of. You will see why if you have not seen pictures of it before.

So knowing I am flying in that sunday are there closer courses to the airport I should hit up instead of making the trek out to BRP straight away?

I'd check it out on Google maps for yourself but Kaposia to MSP Airport is nothing compared to BRP to MSP. The Stadium is a bit away from both but I think Kaposia is still a better bet. Those holes in the back are really fun and you should have enough time to get through them all. It's a bit overgrown but that's what makes it a real challenge.

You do not want to pass this up.

7314505362_b70081fb6a.jpg

7314502550_1b3a28c454.jpg

5862237412_47e50a0099.jpg

5862229430_f48aa21798.jpg

Ok so I think I have a plan. I am thinking I land around 815 should be on the road by 8:45. Kaposia in the morning then hit lakewood hills then blue ribbon pines in the afternoon. I figure that should be a good day of disc golf. Then I have to go all the way back to bloomington to get to my hotel for the night.

Latest posts