• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blurr's Bag 2011 edition

My non clear E 169 Apache fade about the same or minisculely more than a Champ Leo but is much more HSS. Being faster Apache goes a lot farther. On good days I pass 400' with wide rimmed discs. Come summer and being able to throw Katanas for the first time well is gonna improve my golf D and max D. Based on throwing from a little snow at 30 F. The Apache I have flips consistently and ain't way flippy. Gateway consistency or form I don't know? I haven't thrown an XL but ain't it almost identical to a Leo? If so it's more flippy than my Apache. Maybe you should try an opaque E Apache for non super flippy straight flight and then decide if that mold is a must ditch one. Mine is firm not soft like my CE Wizard.

Then again it may be a form issue or non compatibility issue. Only one disc works differently for me than the majority of throwers based on hearsay. That's a QJLS and a broken in JLS.

Here's what I will be rocking this coming weekend in Columbia and KC. Although after reading through Timko's thread, I might have to pick up a couple of CD's and PD's while I am down there and give them a whirl.

DRIVERS
172g Star Firebird
171g Z-Force
171g ESP Nuke
172g ESP Nuke
171g ESP Flash
171g Star Teebird
171g Z-XL
171g X-XL
171g ESP Avenger SS

MIDRANGES
175g E-Blaze
177g ESP Buzzz
176g Z-Buzzz
175g ESP Meteor
175g RR Comet

PUTTERS
172g Voodoo
172g Voodoo
174g Magic
175g Wizard

DRIVERS
172g Star Firebird (Headwind control)
171g Z-Force (Headwind distance)
171g Champ Destroyer (Stable to Slightly overstable distance driver)
171g Star Destroyer (Stable to slightly understable distance driver)
171g Champ Monarch (Understable distance bomber)
171g Star Teebird (Stable Fairway)
171g Champ TL (Stable to slightly understable fairway)
171g 9x KC Pro Teebird (Understable fairway)
170g ECO Star Leopard (Testing)

MIDRANGES
175g E-Blaze (Testing)
177g Glow Z-Buzzz (Moderately overstable mid)
176g Z-Buzzz (Stable to slightly overstable mid)
177g Z-Comet (Dead nuts straight mid)
175g RR Comet (Understable mid)

PUTTERS
172g Pro D Challenger (Putting)
172g Pro D Challenger (Putting)
174g Soft Wizard (Approaches and short drives)
174g Proto Magic (Approaches and short drives)

I am suffering from ADD when it comes to my bag lately...

Drivers:
172g Star Firebird
172g Star Destroyer
171g Star Destroyer
171g Star Destroyer
171g Champ Monarch
172g ECO Teebird
170g Star Teebird
172g 9x Teebird
172g SE Teebird

Midranges:
175g E-Blaze
177g Glow Z-Buzzz
177g Z-Buzzz
177g ESP Meteor
177g Z-Comet

Putters:
172g Proto Voodoo
172g Proto Voodoo
174g Proto Magic
175g Soft Wizard

That is what the 9x and the SE are for. They have some wear on them so they will definitely turn over and won't come back. The TB's range in stability from overstable to understable.

Timko said:
SE Teebirds break into be money flip discs.

Yes they do. My SE works great for those nice easy hyzer flip overs. I can throw this thing out to the left with some hyzer and it will turn over and come back right every time. This disc works great for stand still shots as well.

I have started to reduce the disc's I carry over the past few weeks. Finding some Lat64 stuff is starting to make it in.

Drivers
172g Star Firebird
171g Star Destroyer
171g Star Destroyer
171g Star Destroyer
172g Gold Line Striker
171g Gold Line Striker
171g Gold Line Vision
171g Opto Vision

Midranges
175g E-Blaze
177g Gold Line Core
177g Gold Line Core
175g ESP Meteor

Putters
175g Soft Wizard
173g Grip Line Pure
172g Soft Voodoo (Will be replaced by a Zero Line Pure after the tourney this week)
172g Soft Voodoo (Will be replaced by a Zero Line Pure after the tourney this week)

The only problem I see, what are you going to throw at graceland when the wind is flipping your firebird like its a roadrunner?

arowan21 said:
The only problem I see, what are you going to throw at graceland when the wind is flipping your firebird like its a roadrunner?
I have an innate ability to throw my destroyers into 15-20 mph headwinds and not have them flip over :wink: That said, I am really toying with adding an ECO Star XCal for this weekend just in case we have tornado level winds like last year.

Shank said:
how are you liking the strikers for your TB spots?
So far so good. They really do fill in nicely for my tb's. I have a domey GL Striker that flies similar to a brand new 11x TB. And I have a flat GL Striker that flies similar to a worn in 10x. And then the Opto Vision is understable like a 9x TB. So I have the full spectrum covered now.

hmmm i might have to check them out when i have some cash flow, although i am loving dx tbs right now.

BLURR said:
arowan21 said:
I have an innate ability to throw my destroyers into 15-20 mph headwinds and not have them flip over :wink: That said, I am really toying with adding an ECO Star XCal for this weekend just in case we have tornado level winds like last year.
so i see your planing on a light breeze

Going simple for a while.

Drivers:
172g Star Firebird
171g Z-Force
171g QOLF
171g SOLF
171g SOLF
171g SOLS
172g QJLS

Midranges:
180g Sirius Sentinel
178g Q-MS
177g Q-MS

Putters:
174g Soft Magic
172g Pro D Challenger
172g Pro D Challenger

A few slight changes. Also...the CE QMS might be one of the best disc's ever made.
BLURR said:
Going simple for a while.

Drivers:
172g Star Firebird
171g Z-Force
171g ESP Force
171g QOLF
171g SOLF
171g SOLF
171g SOLS
173g QJLS
174g QJLS

Midranges:
180g Sirius Sentinel
178g Q-MS
177g Q-MS
177g Q-MS

Putters: All new setup
172g Organic Wizard
172g Organic Wizard
172g Glow Magic
174g Sticky Firm Wizard (If you've owned one of these...you know how money they are)

Next time your down in KC, try to steal some from Jack Lowe. He throws the piss out of the CE QMS.

Fewer and fewer....down to 16. At this rate, I am going to have to get a smaller bag.

Distance Drivers:
Star Destroyer
Star Destroyer
SOLS
MOLS

Fairway Drivers:
Star Firebird
QOLF
QJLS
QJLS

Midranges:
Pro D Drone (Late overstable)