• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blurr's New and Improved bag

SpikeHyzer

* Ace Member *
All in a modified Cabelas Tackle Backpack.

Distance Drivers(5)
172g E-Spirit
172g E-Slayer
172g E-Slayer
172g E-Samurai
172g E-Samurai

Fairway Drivers(4)
172g HPP Savage
171g HPP Apache
170g CE Apache
171g S-Sabre

Midranges(4)
173g S-Blaze
180g S-Karma
178g S-Mystic
176g S-Mystic

Putters(5)
174g Soft Wizard
174g E-Magic
174g Soft Magic
171g HO Wizard
171g HO Wizard

I might have a pink buzzz in the closet. Maybe a blue one too. Can double check for you. As for HO Wiz's...none to part with. I have a 2x2 rotation going on for the 4 I have.

On a side note...the Blaze might be one of the best kept secrets on the dg realm. Such a useful disc.

When I was looking for a beefy fairway I auditioned the E Blaze vs. Champ Banshee and found them to be so close. I just happened to get two Banshees that I really liked so they won but it's back to the Blaze once those are gone.

Are the Assassins just shit these days? I loved the disc when I was first starting and was wondering how they be as a turn over fairway.

Also, why no Scout? Is the Mystic just way better?

The FR Assassin's were the bomb. A nice subtle dome to them, flew nice and straight'ish. Now most of them are really domey and don't fly as nice. They still have insane glide, but don't fly the lines like they used to. As for the Scout, it is a good disc, just seemed to overlap with the Karma too much to stay in the bag(I like the little extra fade the Karma has). The Scout and Karma are more comparable in terms of flight than the Scout and the Mystic. The mystic flies straight with very little turn or fade on it. It does break in to a very nice hyzer flip mid.

money21 said:
I wish they still made the savage and that it came in s plastic.
I would agree. I was talking with them yesterday about the Savage mold and possible tweaks they could make to it to keep it around. It is a nice flying disc when it is a good run. A nice stable to slightly overstable disc. I think they need something between the Blaze and the "Spirit/Illusion/Slayer/Samurai" that has a reliable slightly overstable flight.

keltik said:
dumb and uninformed question: why all gateway? did you get sponsored? or are you just bored?

I was sponsored by Gateway for 5 years and then took a break from it when they decided to squash the team sponsorship thing. Some of my best tourney rounds were when I was throwing all Gateway. So, I figure what the hell, why not give it a go again as my game has been really lack lust this season and last. So far, the rounds I've put in are up around 30-40 points higher than what I have been shooting the past month or so.

BLURR said:
On a side note...the Blaze might be one of the best kept secrets on the dg realm. Such a useful disc.

This. I have a couple at my house that go into and out of the bag on occasion. If I could throw better forehand rollers with it I would probably put one in the bag permanently.

Timko said:
BLURR said:

This. I have a couple at my house that go into and out of the bag on occasion. If I could throw better forehand rollers with it I would probably put one in the bag permanently.
how do they thumber?

dgdave said:
Top 3 of best ever. Xtreme 1, firebird 2, blaze 3.

I agree with Dave. The Blaze isn't as fast as a Firebird or Xtreme, but it has enough stability to have the same flight pattern when thumb'ed(HPP/E only, the S doesn't thumber very well).

I need to get some E Blazes; the HPP's are nice, but I can't throw forehand rollers with them because they're too flexy.

The bag has stayed the same for the most part lately. Trying to decide on a distance mold though. Been flip flopping through Wraiths/Destroyers/Forces/Nukes. What hasn't change in over a month are my Fairways/Mids/Putters. The Mamba is only in there until the Pro Wraith loses some more stability and then it will be gone. Might put a Ti Force in the bag for the distance wind duties now that fall is here.

Distance
Champ Destroyer (Worn a little and still pretty overstable)
Star Destroyer (New and straight)
Star Destroyer (Worn and understable)

Fairways
Champ Firebird (Headwind and thumbers)
Star Teebird (New and still fairly overstable)
Echo Star Teebird (Worn and straight)
S-FD (Worn and straight to turnover)
S-FD (Beat only goes right and rollers)

Midranges
E-Blaze (Thumbers, Spikes, Forehand, Skips)
Glo Z-Buzzz (Fairly Beefy)
Z-Buzzz (Moderately Overstable)
Midnight Z-Comet (Straight)
Z-Comet (Beat and only goes right)

Putters
Medium/Soft Wizard (Primary Putter)
Medium/Soft Wizard (Backup Putter)
Organic Wizard (Short Drives)
Proto Magic (Short Drives and approaches)

There are two really sweet max D discs that are golfable. Getting your mitts on a good VIP King is a hassle involving verifying a tall dome and a high PLH and they vary so the easier to procure varying Zero G Quasars might be the best bet. At your power i suggest a max weight.

I've got a Zero G Quasar and Scorpius in the closet that I got from players packs....still haven't thrown them. My one time trying to throw that light weight stuff was horrible.

Winds, light ones? At your power only the heaviest ones could work. Anything rest is flip city and of course Blizz suffers from horrible individual variations. If the PLH droops lower than on most discs you could tune that up and see if it resolves the issues.