• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bohart Ranch

gabdisc

I know that Bohart is on it's way out. So sad. I will be there this Friday. I have heard that last weekend it was removed but it says here Saturday Oct 7 is the last day to play there. Can anyone tell me I can still play Friday?

Free through Saturday although not sure what time we'll be pulling baskets that day.

We've had some great conversations in the last week, including the one that got us the extra week of play, with new ownership. I'm hopeful for the future. Still a chance for Disc Golf in 2018 and a much better chance for 2019. Stay tuned, we're working hard to make it happen.

Open for play until we pull baskets Saturday. We're working with the new ownership and have made some great progress toward saving Disc Golf. Still a small chance for 2018 and a better chance for 2019.
Stay tuned, we're working hard to make it happen.

I wish that there was something that the rest of us from outside the area could do. It is a nice course and I know you put a lot of work in out there. Thank you so much for answering my question. I will be there Friday morning!

Last edited:
Damn, I was thinking of moving to Bozeman this year. Maybe not now...this sucks. I've always wanted to play Bohart.

Really? Why? Man, I'm depressed that's about the only thing in the bozo area that is sacred to me..

That area is so special, especially for the flight of the frisbee.

Dang. I am planning a trip to the northwest for this coming summer and was planning on hitting Bohart. Please keep us updated. Also, would it help to start some type of online petition? Maybe they don't understand the popularity and how much having a course like that can attract people from all over the country to the business and the local community.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the support. We're hoping this will be a valuable tool when we get to having the discusssions with the new property owners.

I'd ask everyone to keep any comments they include in a positive tone. Again, thanks for the support, here's to hoping we can make this happen.

Signed! I read an article about a Biathlon club that was buying it?? Am I reading this correctly?? To each there own but how many people can there be who want to ride around on skis blowing sh** up?? Sounds awesome but really?? And this type sport or anything on skis for that matter is a winter sport so what negative effect could a disc golf course really have??

Signed! I read an article about a Biathlon club that was buying it?? Am I reading this correctly?? To each there own but how many people can there be who want to ride around on skis blowing sh** up?? Sounds awesome but really?? And this type sport or anything on skis for that matter is a winter sport so what negative effect could a disc golf course really have??

If it will be used to train for biathlon, perhaps they can still practice the shooting in the summer and think it would be unsafe having golfers wandering around. Just spit balling though.

If it will be used to train for biathlon, perhaps they can still practice the shooting in the summer and think it would be unsafe having golfers wandering around. Just spit balling though.

Definitely could be a problem. Back in my bike racing days we used to mountain bike at a couple of different places that also allowed hunting. Never really had any close calls but the potential was always there during hunting season. Maybe I'm not being all that politically correct with my next statement but I would assume that people in the sport of Biathlon are possibly a few rungs higher on the ladder of evolution than some of the hunters I have ran into on my mountain bike?? :D Maybe not but I have run into a few interesting folks on my bike out in the middle of nowhere KY packing guns during hunting season. Never a comfortable feeling being out in the middle of nowhere wearing a skin tight lycra suit around dudes who love to kill things?? :D

Was anyone else watching the Olympics and see the piece on Lowell Bailey, the U.S. biathlon competitor? Apparently, he was been working as a biathlon instructor in Bozeman, Montana. In the video, you could see a disc golf basket in the background. I assume it was shot at Bohart Ranch.

Signed.. Was Ho-Pin to get over there from Sandpoint, Idaho this summer. Looks like a great course and lots of great supporting locals who love Disc golf.

I built the Nubian Palace DGC and Caliber DGC along with helping with heavy equipment on the building of Baldfoot DGC here in Sandpoint. I'm part of the SDGA (Sandpoint Disc Golf Association) and will contact all members to sign this petition.

Latest posts