• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Border Courses?

Muskiebite

Par Member
Are there any courses that are on a state border where part of the course plays in a different state? Just Curious.

I was thinking its probably unlikely since there would be different Parks and Rec Departments in each state. Maybe Sister courses where there is two separate courses but they are right next to each other in their respective state.

Last edited:
Is there any courses that lay on a state border when part of the park plays in a different state?

I was thinking with different Parks and Rec Departments that may cause issues. Maybe Sister courses where there is two separate courses but right next to each other in their respective state.

I'm having a hard time understanding the context of this question. Did something happen, or is it just a random thought?

I suspect the only place you might find a course like that would be if it were placed on Federal lands that straddled a state line.

Madeline Bertrand in Niles, MI sits right on the Indiana border, but I suspect it doesn't cross the border.

Madeline Bertrand in Niles, MI sits right on the Indiana border, but I suspect it doesn't cross the border.

It does not, two separate parks (Bertrand and Patrick's) in 2 different states and counties. Bertrand was my 1st course played in 1986. Up to 370 courses now.

Place a basket right on the four corners. Throw a roller that finishes by curling around the basket. Then you can say your drive went through four states before stopping.

There's a ball golf course near here that straddles a county line. Of course, whenever I would tee off on the tenth hole, I would say "Did you see THAT drive? I hit it to the next damn county!"

it is close but truly nowhere near the state line

Ah, I've only played it once many years ago (pre Google Maps/nav days). I remembered that we got lost looking for the park, ended up in Indiana, and then turned around and suddenly we were there...

There is a chance of this on the NC/SC border as a couple of years ago the border was changed to an old survey. But it would have to be a private course as there are not any courses near enough the border to be affected that I know of.

https://www.mrglawfirm.com/archives/2017/NC_SC_Border.htm

If you're mentioning the Carolinas, we need a temp course built at Carowinds. Have an off-season tourney similar to what they have at some MLB stadiums.

The closest I've seen to bordering states is Riverview Park in North Augusta,SC. It borders the Savannah River, which separates SC from Georgia. I wonder if any big arms could cross the river in GA?

Even if not an official course, I wonder if you could make up a temp object course that plays around the four corners location in UT, CO, NM, AZ?

Unfortunately the monument isn't actually in the correct location. :wall:

Salmon Falls in New Hampshire borders a river across which is Maine. There is one hole where if you throw a 350 foot drive (hole's only 230), you'd airmail the green, cross the river, and land in Maine. And on the following hole if you really saw off a newb hyzer from the long tee, you could end up in Maine as well.