• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Boycott the USDGC?

Stroke and distance is awesome for disc golf and seeing who knows how to manage a course. The buncr rule however is the worst thing I can recall ever seeing. #10 at USDGC is a great example of this. If a person throws at the green from the tee, misses their first two drives, re-tees and gets the third one up their and sinks the putt, they don't deserve a par.

But the circle two ace by Bobby on #17 was pretty cool to watch, although right after he aced his 2nd shot, he said out loud to the gallery that he did not deserve a two.

You may not agree it was "fair" that a player get a "par" on hole 10 (was really a par 3 in that format) but it was more appropriate than T&D from a risk/reward standpoint. I'm not sure there's any format that can make that a good hole including the USDGC buncr rule (not the real buncr rule). I'm thinking maybe having a drop zone halfway down the left side after throwing OB on the tee shot would be the best way to play that hole. Players can go for it from the tee and risk at least a 4 and more if they can't land in the circle from the drop zone. The hole would also be par 3 in that format.

Looks like the TD will be taking questions tomorrow in a live broadcast. I plan on watching to get the 'straight poop' instead of all the rumours and accusations that have been flying around.

USDGC TD Poole to Make Special LIVE Appearance on DGP Weekly News Show
JonathanPoole

Watch DGP Weekly Thursday at 10:15 pm EDT, as we welcome USDGC Tournament Director Jonathan Poole to the show.

Though still in its infancy, our DGP Weekly Live disc golf news magazine show will bring some heavy hitters to the broadcast this Thursday at 10:15 pm Eastern Time.

Click Here to Get To Our Media Portal

Jonathan Poole, Tournament Director of the United States Disc Golf Championship, will appear as a guest this week to discuss the current status of this year's event, as well as the rationale that led up to the fundamental changes to this year's USDGC.

And you can ask your own questions during the show. Poole has agreed to entertain some queries from the viewers. You can use our embedded Media Portal Chat Board to interact with Jonathan online!

Thursday's LIVE broadcast of DGP Weekly will also have 2011 European Open Champion and the Planet's #1 Ranked player, David Feldberg, as well as WhirldSports.com founder and PDGA Board of Directors candidate, John Heaton as our guests.

I heard they are experimenting with the "no fairway runup" rule this year. Should make those long par 4's and par 5's more interesting.

I heard they are experimenting with the "no fairway runup" rule this year. Should make those long par 4's and par 5's more interesting.

Nice, I heard also that the PDGA is making the smoking ban rule to be retroactively implemented. Basically all tournaments from 1978-2011 will be invalid once the videotape is reviewed.

thanks chuck. i'm sure it's already been discussed in here, but how was the projection calculated?

Just letting y'all Charlotte DGC folks know that OddJob IS NOT SprinterMatt... AKA XterraMatt... AKA Matt P from Rock Hill. We are not the same person. But it's a great disc golf messageboard name... since I CREATED IT! Mwuhahahahahaha.

Just don't think that person is me posting... This is my first post ever on DGCR... and may be my last.

Just letting y'all Charlotte DGC folks know that OddJob IS NOT SprinterMatt... AKA XterraMatt... AKA Matt P from Rock Hill. We are not the same person. But it's a great disc golf messageboard name... since I CREATED IT! Mwuhahahahahaha.

Just don't think that person is me posting... This is my first post ever on DGCR... and may be my last.

Says 7 on your post count. That's 6 more than 1. Speaking of 1, Why'd you quit the Seneca tourney with one putt left?

Last edited:
Says 7 on your post count. That's 6 more than 1. Speaking of 1, Why'd you quit the Seneca tourney with one putt left?

this guy sounds like our local quitter dan

this guy sounds like our local quitter dan

I just don't get why it is that important to have an inflated rating, like a player rating matters anyway. Don't you still have to score better than your competition to win?

I just don't get why it is that important to have an inflated rating, like a player rating matters anyway. Don't you still have to score better than your competition to win?

what i find funny is that technically if they leave before the round is over then they still get rated. so say you left after 15 holes, you should receive a 7 for the 3 remaining holes, not dq'd. if i remember correctly if you would get a 700 rated round or higher it will count.

i could care less about my rating. i know i am a far better player than my rating. its just another number someone feels necessary to assign to me. <shrug>

Craig totally agree with you. true competitor doesn't quit unless absolutely no choice. doesn't say much for your true abilities is you are afraid to post your actual rounds including poor ones.

Craig totally agree with you. true competitor doesn't quit unless absolutely no choice. doesn't say much for your true abilities is you are afraid to post your actual rounds including poor ones.

I actually agree with Craig too. Weird. I have been playing like to crap lately and my rating shows it.

Let's hope so. I have played a few courses that were new to me and showed a glaring flaw in my game

I found a new flaw today while putting out on #3 at The Angry Beaver. When hot chicks are jogging by on the road, I can't hit chains from 35'.

Latest posts