• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Brands That Get No Love But Really Should

Daredevil.

Love the Beaver. I went Beaver mad and bought Marshall Street's last 5, a friend is huge Timberwolf fan, and the couple Wolverines I have will get a chance to make the bag someday.

if i wasnt in love with stalkers i would throw timberwolfs. great disc.

I just ordered a Timber wolf from Marshall Street based on this thread. Can't wait to try it out. Looks like a fun disc.

Well, Prodiscus might not have any other exceptional molds other than JOKERi, but their bags are top notch. Their Pro Bag is the best bag I've ever owned.

I just ordered a Timber wolf from Marshall Street based on this thread. Can't wait to try it out. Looks like a fun disc.

i hit the pin on a hole at my local course with it. i remember that. i was scared they were going to boot stalkers outta my bag so i quickly traded mine off. wish i didnt. the plastic feels awesome too. and with the few weeks i had with it, it was not showing any signs of wear. sweet disc to try out, id recommend it. i wouldnt mind trying out other discs by them

I love the Vibram "plastic". Love the feel and durability of it. I don't like any of the discs though. None of them do anything for me.

I don't see much buzz about Millennium. I scour for all the used JLS I can find (I just bought out disc nations stash). They fly great and reliable for me, and can be found really cheap, so they're good for "I think I may loose my disc here" shots.

Gateway seems to be a one hit wonder. Tons of guys throwing wizards, and not much else of their stuff. Nobody really seems excited about legacy. Prior to the name "Trilogy", most around here seemed largely unaware of Westside. Everybody loves the look of mvp, but nobody throws it.

Both Prodigy and DD seemed to shoot up to absurd levels of popularity from nowhere.

I love the Vibram "plastic". Love the feel and durability of it. I don't like any of the discs though. None of them do anything for me.

I don't see much buzz about Millennium. I scour for all the used JLS I can find (I just bought out disc nations stash). They fly great and reliable for me, and can be found really cheap, so they're good for "I think I may loose my disc here" shots.

Gateway seems to be a one hit wonder. Tons of guys throwing wizards, and not much else of their stuff. Nobody really seems excited about legacy. Prior to the name "Trilogy", most around here seemed largely unaware of Westside. Everybody loves the look of mvp, but nobody throws it.

Both Prodigy and DD seemed to shoot up to absurd levels of popularity from nowhere.

Same in this neck of the woods... with the caveat being Westside... a lot of Kings about... very succinct post.

In my opinion Prodiscus has the best premium champ type plastic on the market. The jokeri is pure awesomeness. The legenda is a solid distance driver. The midari is a very good mid. The first run respecti is pure beef and is in my bag as the utility disc of choice. The newer runs aren't as beefy but still fill an overstable fairway slot pretty well. I have the rest of the Prodiscus lineup, I just haven't had an opportunity to try them out yet. I wanted to dye them before I put them in my bag. I just haven't had time yet. Will have to do that soon. Unfortunately except for as a putter plastic, the baseline prodiscus plastic is just crap. As a whole Prodiscus is extremely underrated. They have really solid discs. There you go. I guess I'm as close to a prodiscus fanboi as you are going to find.

And wait till you try the ultrium plastic ^^ it is great plastic. I actually throw only the Prodiscus lineup and have had some slaidis for almost 2 years, they still show no signs of wear (besides the stamp coming off) and fly damn near the same. The base plastic as was said isn't the best for higher speed drivers (unless you want a nice roller) but get it in the laseri or midari and they are great for turnovers since they just glide and minimal power is needed to turn them over.

Latest posts