• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Breaking in Putters

Breaking in discs....

Stick them in your practice basket on the flat.. Suntan them and flip daily for three days or so. You get UV and heat without warping but the longer you do it the more they fade. Spring and fall is better for less fading other than that it's safe.

If you desire less fade / lss very lightly sand a bit of the rim and possibly flashing down right on the bottom. This is safeish..

If you want more turn / less hss then lightly sand the part In the mold right in middle of disc and just under the nose.. This is a much riskier move..

LIGHTLY sand! Throw them for a week and see, then repeat if necessary. The UV Suntan kickstart has been extremely useful for me sometimes I give em a few weeks in the basket and a few throwing and I'm usually happy.

Just a thought but never tried this before:

People seem to like leaving them outside but dislike the UV breakdown of the plastic itself and the color loss...why not cover them in a tarp or bag or dark towel or something? That way they still get the heat and "elements" without crippling the integrity of said discs.

Latest posts