• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 300!

The Dude

Bogey Member
I havnt been playing very long but I play often and now I finally am able to consistently drive my disc over 300ft! I know its not a big accomplishment to some of you guys but I have been struggling to get over 250. I see what you guys mean by getting the disc to its cruising speed. The thing will just keep going and going. Its awesome to watch it fly far and straight. I believe I was driving 315 and it skipping several more feet after landing. :D:D Dont know if the 400 mark will ever come though :(

I havnt been playing very long but I play often and now I finally am able to consistently drive my disc over 300ft! I know its not a big accomplishment to some of you guys but I have been struggling to get over 250. I see what you guys mean by getting the disc to its cruising speed. The thing will just keep going and going. Its awesome to watch it fly far and straight. I believe I was driving 315 and it skipping several more feet after landing. :D:D Dont know if the 400 mark will ever come though :(
Nice! What did you do to get past your plateau? I need to do the same thing.

Putting though? Lately I've been on fire.

Nice! What did you do to get past your plateau? I need to do the same thing.

Putting though? Lately I've been on fire.

I cock my arm back slower before I throw so I can stay level and right before I let go of the disc, give my wrist a bit more of a pop or snap...Its hard to explain but its working for me.:D

That is excellent.

I know how you feel and its good. I broke thru 300' early this year and the form required changed my game. Keep at it and start working with putters off the tee...if you haven't yet. The smooth form needed to boost a putter 220' will payoff on your higher speed discs and a very strange feedback loop will get going. Everything will get longer and you'll begin to recognize all sorts of stuff about your walk up and x step and different grips and subtle nose angles and ....now you are a student of the game.

I had my first uphill 350 yesterday....yeah yeah yeah there was a tail wind, but I had only imagined landing in this spot a year ago.

Way to go, Dude.:D

:D:D Dont know if the 400 mark will ever come though :(

Sure it will! just incubate the addiction a little more.
And if you dont consider it cheating, learn the roller!:D

congratulations too, i remember the first time i broke 300, i went ob behind the hole, but i was sooo stoked!!

Congrats.

I throw right around 400ft. however that is straight up, then straight down then the disc lands 25ft in front of me. Lol.

In all seriousness I throw right around 200ft on a good day, when I'm not bouncing of the trees. I think my discs are tree magnets. I hit three trees in one throw. I must have the record.

congrats dude!

I've been chasing the same goal. My plateau was about 250 and this week I was getting around 280-290 measured with paces in a field.

Breaking a barrier like that feels good. One of these days I am going to break a barrier and still be in bounds on hole 15 on the backside of La Mirada.

Congrats on the breakthrough!

I've been stuck around 280, and am starting to creep up on the 300 mark. It is a great feeling to see improvement. My goal is 350, I would be very pleased to be able to throw 350. Field practice has been the biggest contributor to my increased distance.

I was reading through all of your stories, they are bad ass... I'm working on my putting and hook shots any advice? tree magnet :p

also what do u think about the archangel, kite mid range ? my kite is flying straighter and farther than the archangel alot of the time.

Man I am jealous! Breaking the 300ft barrier is my goal for right now.
Currently I am hitting only around 230 to maybe 250(on a good throw).
Hope to break it before the end of summer!

Excellent. It's interesting reading these posts from such a different perspective as when I joined last October. I was in the 275' range and had hit a plateau. Now I'm up around 325' pretty consistently and it feels great. I know that's not a big arm throw, but over the last two years I've gone from about 240' or so to 325'. And I'm 41 so you young guys can probably improve even quicker. The Dan Beato driving video on Youtube helped me out a good bit.

Way to go! What a game!

I've been at about 325' for a couple of years now; I have a feeling I'm never going to get it out much farther than that. But that's okay, lord knows I've got plenty of work to do on my aim.

I've been at about 325' for a couple of years now; I have a feeling I'm never going to get it out much farther than that. But that's okay, lord knows I've got plenty of work to do on my aim.

No doubt! I need to spend more time practicing my putting... it's bad! I probably lose about 5-7 strokes on average over 18 holes from inside the circle. :eek:

I was practicing at a neighboring high school on the football field, and I threw one from one endzone and it hit the uprights on the other side! I was throwing for a long time and finally I got one to just FLY!

I remember the 300' as well as the 400' benchmark over the last decade and a half.

Now that Wraiths, Deestroyers and Da Boss are on the market... I have a new goal...
and I am getting closer each week.

Keep in mind I am and old fart. It ain't like I am a spring chicken.

NEVER give up. Always know that you can do better.
The only thing keeping you down is you. imho.

I think humans can always do a bit more. Try a bit harder. Throw a bit farther.
Not all. Some folks would give up.

Never say die. Just say D.

Latest posts