• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Broken CE

slickwheels

Birdie Member
First throw 300'. 80 degrees outside. Landed on grass with pine straw.
I have heard of this happening to CE but it has never happened to me until Saturday.
Just laughed it off.

Just signed back in after 8 years, help me post a pic please. lol

First throw 300'. 80 degrees outside. Landed on grass with pine straw.
I have heard of this happening to CE but it has never happened to me until Saturday.
Just laughed it off.

Just signed back in after 8 years, help me post a pic please. lol

Long time!

Are you posting on mobile or desktop? Desktop hit "go advanced" then you'll see more options in the header above where you type. The paperclip lets you grab an image from a folder anywhere on your hard drive. If you have an image uploaded to somewhere like Imgur you click the yellow "landscape" looking icon and past the Imgur URL there.

See attached below (using the paperclip):

EDIT: I always use Imgur personally so mobile or desktop I upload using the camera and app on my phone and paste the URL Imgur creates as mentioned above. Only used the paperclip attachment method for demonstration purposes.

Attachments

• paperclip.PNG
    paperclip.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 19
  • landscape.PNG
    landscape.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Does it smell like crayons? I heard that when CE starts to smell like crayons it breaks. I have zero experience, and can't remember what vid I was watching. Maybe a skins with Barsby?

Does it smell like crayons? I heard that when CE starts to smell like crayons it breaks. I have zero experience, and can't remember what vid I was watching. Maybe a skins with Barsby?

I've heard that before as well, I think it was Emac that said it on a DGAM podcast where I heard it.

Off topic, regarding sniffing discs, I bought a strawberry edition Gauntlet a few years ago and when the shop owner told me to sniff it because it smelled like strawberries I thought he was screwing with me and wanted me to look silly.

On topic, I played with a guy a couple of weeks before Christmas who hit a tree with an old CE Leopard and the disc literally exploded. Granted, it was around 26 degrees that morning.

Smelling discs and eating crayons.... what kind of strange bunch do we have hanging around here. lol

I'm going to keep throwing them. $100 dollars for a good story is a bargain.
Might have to exaggerate and say it broke from how fast I throw or that a gator laying next to the basket bit it!

Crazy that our most durable discs of the early 2000s are now dying so easily... Just saw a post about a Nike Spirit that broke after a tree hit. That plastic was probably the greatest ever. In the last handful of years I have sadly killed 2 rancho pro sharks, a 4 point Z pred, an 11x teebird and my brother in law killed an old DX roc I gave him.

As to why, make sure your discs are stored out of sun, not getting heat cycled (trunk or unheated garage) and preferably in a bag if you want longevity.... And buying CE ask how it was stored.

My discs are all curretnly stored in an unheated garage in regularly sub zero temps so you're making me think of clearing space inside...

Crazy to think this stuff can get brittle like that...

Crazy that our most durable discs of the early 2000s are now dying so easily... Just saw a post about a Nike Spirit that broke after a tree hit. That plastic was probably the greatest ever. In the last handful of years I have sadly killed 2 rancho pro sharks, a 4 point Z pred, an 11x teebird and my brother in law killed an old DX roc I gave him.

As to why, make sure your discs are stored out of sun, not getting heat cycled (trunk or unheated garage) and preferably in a bag if you want longevity.... And buying CE ask how it was stored.

My discs are all curretnly stored in an unheated garage in regularly sub zero temps so you're making me think of clearing space inside...

My hunch is all of the discs from the early 00's have finally met their end of life. Having felt 4 point Z, early 11x, CE, from that era I believe there was not very much variance in plastic blend across manufacturers so they're all aging/ dying at the same rate. on the flip side I have some Champion Teebirds from early - mid 10's that are nearly 10 years old and are indestructible.

I wonder about all of the super chalky Prodigy and when we will start to see them bite the dust. They look pretty rough from a few years ago.

I collected a LOT of CE and assorted plastic from the early 2000's.
Looked at a CE Leopard that was transparent, and had not aged much at all. Some CE ages well, some doesn't.
Some other plastics, DC and Innova, ages well and some doesn't.
It's not just Innova, not just CE.

I wonder about all of the super chalky Prodigy and when we will start to see them bite the dust. They look pretty rough from a few years ago.

I have a proto Pinnacle Clutch that's always been bagged in a cool, dark, not-damp closet and it's pretty much opaque now with the chalkiness. Started out crystal clear...that wasn't that many years ago.